Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ya had a bad day

Ok, so I had a totally different post planned for today. Being my third time to write, I had full intentions of getting you all aquainted with the family and what better place to start than with the eldest child, Big Dan, but Big Dan and I didn't get off to a great start this morning. Maybe it was because I woke up cranky and I let the little insignificant things really get to me.

I do love my sleep, and it was distured bright and early this morning by the dear hubby who is out of town and needed me to run some urgent errands for him. That might have been why I was so cranky. I know he felt bad for disturbing my slumber because he offered me a tip to spend at the local Scrapbook store. (from his "own" stash, I might add)

I grumbled awhile and then left, and while I was driving, I began to think about some of the things that Big Dan had done to irritate me. Big Dan and I had a mother/teenager discussion when I got home, but suddenly my blog plans changed. No warm, fuzzy, meet the sweet, good natured, teenager...not today anyway.

Unfortunately, another scenario popped up, once again interrupting my lazy Saturday. This time I took Little Ann along for the ride. She opposed the trip into town too, because she was having her own set of issues over a rescheduled play date.

On the way home Little Ann and I weren't really engaged in conversation, just listening to the dull roar of the road and the radio turned down softly. She looked over at me and said "Daddy said you were the prettiest girl he'd ever seen".

How's that for turning a bad day around?

1 comment:

hsmomma said...

How sweet! That must have at least turned your bad day in the right direction.

I can relate with the teenage boy thing. My oldest (I have five, 4 boys, 1 girl) just turned 16 recently. It is a wild ride to say the least....