Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Works for me Wednesday (updated)



Ok, seriously girls, this may be the lamest Works for me Wednesday you have ever read. But I have been very impressed with this little dude and it really works for me!!

If you are totally grossed out with feet....or anything associated with feet, please accept my apologies. I just thought during these hot, barefoot, summer days you might find this tool as impressive as I did!

This is a callus shaver. Every time I get a professional pedicure, those little Chinese women use one of these on my rough heels..and believe me my heels are rough. Contribute it to all my little girl barefoot days down South, if you will. I can't hardly stand to go barefoot anymore, even in the house I wear flip flops now. Just by accident the other day I ran across one of these in the pharmacy department at Walmart. I have used it several times already and it does great getting rid of all that callused skin.

update: oh and my apologies to Shannon. This is only my 2nd wfmw and I just read I should've been linking to her...oops! For more great wfmw tips visit here.

I took Big Dan to the doctor yesterday. The doctor did a throat swab and determined he had strep. He is taking penicillin and feeling somewhat better today.

Thank goodness my gas man (what a guy...he just has no idea) finally came yesterday and brought us a few gallons of butane to provide us enough hot water til they can get the tanks switched. I guess I have no more excuses. Today, I must get off my duff, wash clothes and de-germ Big Dan's bedroom. I will try to take pictures of his room once the task is complete and use his room as my next "home tour" post while it is clean. I figured that would be the last room I posted, as I am usually scared to even walk through the door for fear of what might be lurking.

For now, I am going to treat myself to a nice, hot bath and shave my calluses! Smile....

9 comments:

hsmomma said...

Not grossed out at all--I need one of those!!!

I go barefoot most ALL of the time because I am usually in the house. My heels are as tough as shoe leather practically. But I think I am going to be getting a pedicure on Saturday, so that out to take care of 'em!

Sorry to hear Big Dan has strep--hope he is better soon!

Marlene McGarrity said...

I love that callus shaver. I've used it for years.

This summer I tried the Ped Egg - it's on television, but I got mine from Linens and Things for $8.00 It's incredible!

Brooke said...

i need to pick one of those up...then find someone to shave my feet for me!

Anonymous said...

I've never used the callus shaver...but I also just recently got a Ped-Egg. I love it! I don't feel scared about cutting into my feet with it. By the way...I never go without shoes...ever!!! It's what I like to call one of my little "isms"
:D

Anonymous said...

I've tried so many things and nothing has worked, I'll definitely be getting one of those. And maybe a Ped Egg too. Surely both will help!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Be careful of those things.....you CAN scrape too much off!! trust me....I've done it! ha!ha!ha!

Scrapper Mom said...

Yes, Heidi, you're right. I think it is better if they are wet. If they are dry, it tends to go too deep. That's a fyi for anyone that decides to purchase one of these.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

great idea! good luck with the hot water!

Alexandra said...

Thanks! I'll look for this. I use a foot scrapper that looks like a grater, but it doesn't get much off.