Sunday, May 3, 2009

Prayer Warriors...We Need You!

I lost both set of my grandparents early in age. My mom's parents passed away when I was 8 and 16, but I managed to keep my dad's around for a little longer. My paternal grandmother died from lymphoma 2 weeks before Big Dan was born. It was an extremely hard time and my grandfather died from complications from a surgical procedure just 8 months later. I was 20. I miss them, but I know I will see them again one day. All 4 of them.

But Pete....he's been so blessed to have both of his grandmothers around for such a long time. Although he lost his maternal grandmother 2 years ago, it's been hard to keep the other one down. She is 88 and has hung with the best of them....until now. She fell off a ladder back around Christmas and has since been in and out of the hospital having 2 back surgeries giving her no relief. It seems that the pain is too much for her to bear, yet the medication makes her too ill for an appetite. She has just given up. Hospice is taking over tomorrow. My prayer is that God will either use His Almighty power to heal her, or He will scoop her up in His loving arms and bring her home. Her 70 pound body is absolutely pitiful and I can't stand to see and hear of any more suffering.

Please remember her when you pray.

3 comments:

King J's Queen said...

I will remember her in my prayers.

Aubs said...

oh my....i will be praying that God's will be done and that you can all be at peace. That she will be relieved of her pain and suffering and that God will comfort all of you through these coming days. :::HUGS:::

April said...

I know how difficult this is for you...my brother wasted away to nothing when he was dying from terminal stomach cancer. It's a horrible thing to sit back and watch. I will definitely be praying for God's mercy. May He comfort all of you and bring you peace. Sending you hugs and blessings...