Friday, July 25, 2008

The End

Today marks the final day for our Vacation Bible School. Tonight is family night and after tribe and marketplace times, we will wrap things up with some singing and a slide show.

We have done this "Marketplace" theme for the past several years. The kids just love it. It's almost like you are really in Jerusalem/Galilee/Bethlehem (we've done all these themes). This year Chickadee and Clark wrote our material (excellent, I might add) and we incorporated it back into the bible days theme. I think the kids love the dressing up part the most. The week has been good, but as usual, I am so happy tomorrow is Saturday!! Here are a few photos from the week (mostly of people that don't mind their pics on the ol' blog)




I also want to remind everyone about my Saturday post dedicated to my mom!! And...my special birthday giveaway. Please tell everyone you know to tune in tomorrow, and just comment to enter! Check out all the details here.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That looks like so much fun. I bet your kids loved it. I remember doing something similar when my family lived in Califorinia. That was a long time ago, so it must have been fun for me to remember it.

hsmomma said...

That looks like the coolest VBS I have ever seen!

His Girl said...

*falls on floor in a giant heap* I can not BELIEVE your vbs was this week too! I was so in my own vbs bubble, I thought yours was NEXT week, and was all set to pray for you! Now, when I come up for air, and I finally tune in to read how you are doing, and catch up on your blog, I'm too late *ahhhhhhhh* so so so so sorry. I will pray for the seeds of your VBS to bring much fruit, and for my brain to return to my head.

blessings and apologies!
-a