Sunday, October 5, 2008

Beautiful

Thanks for the ghosts stories. LOL. Just so everyone knows....this is my opinion on it. I believe that there is only life after death in two places. Heaven, if you are a saved believer, or Hell for the ones who have rejected. I do not believe any spirit from any one passed on is allowed back to this earth. God told the rich man that there was a great gulf fixed and he could not return to earth even to warn his brother's about hell. I do believe that the fallen angels that accompanied Lucifer when he fell are back and forth and like Satan.."seeking whom they may devour". I don't know in what shape, form, or fashion though. I just know it's scary. On another note, I took a theological college class through Faith Bible Institute on "Angels" and learned that yes, God's children do have angels watching after us in this world or I guess you could refer to them as "our guardian angels".

Anyway, that is just my take on it, but neither here nor there, who can resist a good ghost story in October??

I had a busy weekend. The High School had their Homecoming activity games on Thursday and I went to get scrapbook pictures. Little Ann and I also went to see the Ceremonies on Friday night and to catch a little of the ballgame even though Big Dan was working. It seemed really weird not watching him out on the field, but he didn't want to play this year. I have had a hard time (as you know) with him giving up certain things his Senior Year that I really believe he will look back on and regret. BUT, you know teenagers. You can't tell them anything...and that's another story! One of Big Dan's friends was crowned Homecoming Queen. She is such a sweet natured, talented and beautiful girl.

Saturday, Some friends and I traveled up North to a wedding for a beautiful young lady that used to attend our church. Her parents got out of church for awhile, but she was old enough to drive and kept on coming in spite of things. Her family and she moved her Senior year, and it was hard for her to adjust at first. She's been through a lot in her short life, but I was so glad to see her smiling and so happy. I pray she has a wonderful life and this young man treats her like she deserves to be treated.

And..today I went to church and held a beautiful baby boy that was there for his first Sunday. There is nothing like new life. I held him after services and just cried. I think I have been so emotional lately because Big Dan's 18th birthday is this month (and we are still at odds most of the time). Holding this precious boy took me back to a time 18 years ago when I brought Big Dan into this same Sanctuary and everybody oooed and ahhed over him. Time goes by so fast. Cherish every moment.

I have some past due "bloggy business" to tend to this week so be watching for some tags and awards!!

8 comments:

hsmomma said...

Glad you had a great, though full (!), weekend. Ahhh....a wedding and holding a new baby all in the same weekend?? Yep, that makes for an emotional rollercoater ride! :)

Daphine said...

I have several friends who are pregnant right now and just about eveytime I hear or read their blog about them buying things for their unborn baby, or picking out names, or decorating the rooms...I cry. I start thinking about all the thoughts of joy and fear I experience while I was pregnant. To sum it all up, I've been on an emotional roller coaster as if I'm the one who's pregnant. Go figure.

Laurin Pearce said...

Don't fret about Big Dan too much. My father and I were at odds my entire senior year. I went through a "I know better than you do because you don't remember what it's like to be young!" phase. What I understand know I wish I would have understood then and my father and I are closer than ever! It just takes some time to adjust and realize that your parents do love you for you and want whats best for you in your life! He'll be back to his old self here in a year or two...

Sounds like you had a busy but blessed weekend! Keep up the blogging...I love reading!!

April said...

Your weekend sounds about as "action packed" as mine! Whew, I'm exhausted... how about you?

Love the pictures you posted! I bet is was hard not being able to watch your son play football. Teenagers just can't seem to understand that there will come a time when they'll look back on their high school years as being some of the best times of their lives. It's so difficult, as a parent, when they don't understand that, and end up making decisions they'll regret later on. Afterall, they are all-knowing and we, their parents, are dumb as a brick! Am I getting it right, here? I think we have a lot in common with the whole teenager thing.

I know it's hard to realize that Dan is soon going to be 18. Brittany will be 17 in 5 months and I shudder at the very thought. You just want to be on the same wavelength with your kids and not let little things get in the way of having a good relationship with them. I try very hard not to "sweat the small stuff" and I live by the saying, "Let go and Let GOD." Sometimes, it's easier said than done, but I'm getting there!

Keep hanging in and holding on!! :)

April said...

You've been given an award! Go to my blog and check it out! :)

Rae said...

What a weekend! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. My oldest is turning 10 and my youngest is 2 and I still get emotional holding a new baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Luvvy! You have made me teary thinking about boys and growing up and 'babyness'. It's funny how, even as Christian girls, when we know where we're headed because of our faith, we still yearn to stop the clock, or hold back the clock, or go back, and it's like an ache all over because we can't. I'm going through a real 'thing' at the moment about time, and where it's going and it's freakin' me out... I just want to always have my boys close by to climb on my lap, and to cuddle real close and everything else that goes with that, and for that to never change, but it will, won't it... so I'm cherishing, Girl... I'm cherishing...

Have a great day...xx

Anonymous said...

I'm back again... I wanted to respond to your questions from my previous post regarding the beach in relation to where we live... Depending on which way you travelled, we are anywhere from 20-30 minutes due east to the seaside, but because Moreton and Stradbroke Islands are in the way, it's not for board rides, more for paddlers like myself!!! When you come out here (hint hint!!!) I know where someone like Big Dan would want to go... 2 hours south is the Gold Coast, or Surfers Paradise, an hour to 2 hours drive North we've got the Sunshine Coast, where Steve Irwin loved to surf, and where I mostly go, not to surf but to jump the waves!!! - any where from Caloundra up past Noosa, which is a popular tourist spot. I'm telling you all this so you can do up your itinery for you stay. And make sure you bring your scrappin' basics so we can hole up in some cabin in the hinterlands while our husbands and children ride horses and hike... Sound good to you??? Sounds perfect to me...