Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

Jessica over at Farm Fresh Iowa did this earlier this week, and as I read through her daybook, I decided I wanted to do this too.

Outside my window.......a warm, sunny, Autumn day. It is pleasantly 84 degrees in South Arkansas today.

I am thinking......how I wish my teenager needed me. Well, I know he needs me, I just wish he knew he needed me.

From the learning room......I don't homeschool, but I think Little Ann is studying the new release of Indiana Jones right about now!!

I am thankful for........my husband, family, and friends who are supporting my sad and depressed current state of mind.

From the kitchen........fixing up a crock pot full of nacho cheese dip for the kids that come to our Wednesday night program at church.

I am wearing........black velour jog pants and a white tee. Barefoot of course (at least until I head back to the kitchen, then it's flip flops).

I am reading..........uh????? Facebook????lol (sorry guys, I don't read)

I am hoping........that when I balance my checkbook later, I still have money left over.

I am creating........a path into the laundry room with each load I complete today.

I am hearing........an occassional curse word from Indiana Jones. Oh my. Why do they have to do that??

Around the house....... it actually looks clean. I've been working hard this week catching up on chores. My pumpkin spice candle is burning and I am getting ready for mid week services.

One of my favorite things......chocolate milk. I forgot my nestle quick last night at the grocery store, so my sweet, sweet hubby is bringing me some home tonight. It's my comfort food...(or drink)

A few plans for the rest of the week........taking Little Ann over to my dads to see the new baby calf (hopefully being born, but we may miss that), A girl scout camping trip (yes, I'm really sleeping in a tent for the 1st time...ug!!), A hike and some new cooking techniques, and watching my nephew play in the Pee Wee Homecoming game this weekend.

A picture thought for the day.....

my sleeping teenager

ok, so maybe you don't want to "think" about this too much today, but I found it somewhat funny. Good thing he didn't have any boogers. Do you sleep with your mouth open or closed? (Or do you know?? Someone told me spiders crawl into your mouth at night when it's open!!)Ick!

Have a happy Wednesday.

12 comments:

hsmomma said...

I love it! I am going to "bloglift" this--soon!

I sleep with my mouth open for the most part. I don't even want to think about the spiders!

Unknown said...

too funny! he must be a very accommodating teen!

I'm creating a path to the washer today too!

I love Indy! We got a TV Guardian because I hate the cursing too. & MMMM pumpkin spice!

Hope the blues are over for you soon.

April said...

I absolutely loved reading this post! I have to believe that our teenagers DO know they need us. They just have a funny way of showing it. Remember...we're in the same boat! I am sorry to hear that you're in a sad place right now. I've been that way today, too. We, women, have our ups and downs...just the way of life. I think, for me, it has a lot to do with the fact that Chris is on the road, again. We don't seem to have much time together anymore, now that he's back in the working world. I really miss him, but he'll be home tomorrow night. :)

Hang in there, my dear blogging friend! Just know that I care and I'm praying for you!

By the way, I love the photo of Big Dan. Those teenagers can saw some serious logs, can't they? :)

Heidi Zawisza said...

I saw this on several blogs this week....very cool. I might have to do it, but I am still behind, so we'll see!! BTW....LOVE the sleeping teenager! Does he know you put that on the blog?? LOL!

Melissa Stover said...

i sleep with my mouth closed i'm sure of it!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

I loved reading that post! That was so great. I may have to "lift" it. Thanks for sharing. Just popping in from shortone's blog. I really enjoyed reading. Thanks!

das said...

Outside my window,the sun is shining following an early morning shower. It is going to be a beautiful day.I am thinking,about doing something fun with the kids while they are out of school Thursday and Friday.I am thankful for,my mom watching Lil' Nut yesterday and bringing us supper so that I could get some rest and fight this chest cold.From the kitchen,a big pot of homemade vegetable soup that my mother-in-law made for me. If I can garner enough energy I might bake a fresh loaf of bread to go with it.
-------------

Mobin
Promoter

Anonymous said...

This was so lovely to read... Does your Son know he's been 'blogged'?!! I'm sorry you have not been feeling that great... O, why is it so expensive to cross that ocean that's in the way of us hanging out together!!! Big hugs to you... Naomi xoxox

April said...

Hey,

Just wanted to assure you that I agree with you completely about Brittany deciding where SHE wants to go to college, and not where WE want her to go. It's very tough, but that's how it needs to be. I just don't want her to be too far away from me...we're very close. Oh, I'm not going to handle this letting go thing very well!! :(

Nicole said...

Your home sounds wonderful, especially the pumpkin spice candle! Thanks for not giving up on me, I've been the worst commenter lately.

Leigh Ann said...

Now, THAT is some good sleeping! LOL! I never sleep that well anymore!

Kim Hancock said...

That is too funny!