Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sweet!

I can't believe it's here. October, that is...and the time where I start digging out my "fat girl" clothes. Because you see, between the Halloween candy, the Thanksgiving spread, and Christmas cookies, it's inevitable.

My family loves candy. And it does me good to see the smile on their faces when I come home with the $12 variety pack! The ironic thing is..my hubby told me as I left for the grocery store today to....(are you ready for this?) to.....buy diet food. What was he thinking? Like we were going on a diet or something? Pu.lease. Obviously he forgot that today was October 1st!!


And I got this cute little leaf plate, some fally Hershey's miniatures, and a few Pumpkin Spiced candles as gifts for some of my favorite people. (and a candle for myself too!)

Happy October!

6 comments:

Rae said...

Diet food! Too funny!! It's candy season! Wahoo!!!!

Unknown said...

Well I didnt start a "diet"...I started a new lifestyle! My fiance and I started working out...and Im sure its the worst time of the yr...but no sweets for this girl!! But Happy October!

Heidi Zawisza said...

I L.O.V.E October/Fall/Halloween candy as well!!!!!!! Big cheers to October!!
I just posted a giveaway on my blog....check it out if you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Yummo! You guys have the best candy over there. And really kooky names for them too!!! We have a little shop not far from here that sells American candy; when I tell my Husband where we're going or where we've been, he says "call it the 'Lolly Shop', then we can talk!" He's such a stickler! I don't care what you call it - just gimme some!!! Enjoy yourself and no-never mind the 'diet' stuff. EEW!

April said...

You've got to be kidding...a diet? Now???? Tell your hubby that this simply is NOT the time for that! There are yummy treats to be eaten AND enjoyed! Consider dieting after Christmas sometime...but not NOW! :)

Kim Hancock said...

Wow...I have missed a lot. We have been so busy I've hardly had time to get the necessary things done, much less get on the computer.

I enjoyed the photos from your trip!