Thursday, November 6, 2008

Preparations

It seems like school just started and now Big Dan has almost reached the halfway mark of his Senior Year. I can't believe it. I know the rest of the year will be filled with many important preparations for graduation and his future. Last night we sat down and got the order together for graduation invitations, name cards, and his cap and gown. Believe it or not, I didn't even get emotional. (Maybe it was because I was so tired from dealing with elementary children in the Art room all day. Finger painting with 1st graders will do that to you.)

I am hoping that our photographer that did his Senior portraits will be calling me in a few days with my code for online viewing. I can't hardly wait to share them with you. She took them digitally, and I looked through them on her camera. From what I could tell, they are going to be awesome..especially after she does some of her editing.


Today, after he had gone on to work, he got a call from a student ambassador from this college.

He had sent in his application a while back and they were calling to see if he had received his admissions packet in the mail, and if he was interested in setting up a tour of the campus. I talked to the guy for quite a while gathering information. I don't really think he has his mind made up on a college yet. I'm afraid his decision is going to be based on how far away he will have to get from the girlfriend, and whether or not he can play baseball for them.

And tomorrow is the deadline to register for the December ACT, so I guess I better get that taken care of so I won't have to pay late fees.

I am hoping he will agree to take a prep class somewhere this time to get his scores up, but I'm not sure he will.

And the preparations here at home continue as well....I've been in cleaning mode all day today and will be tomorrow too. I even got Pete to do some things around outside for me. I'm having the girls over tomorrow night and I'm trying to get it all together!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful time with your friends. All the best with organising and preparing for all you've got to do... And tell me you LOVE painting with Grade oners!!!

Rae said...

Wow! That's a lot of big and exciting happenings!!!! Be sure to share the senior pictures with us when you can!

April said...

Man, oh, man...I feel for you, girl! Lots to accomplish in so little time. Of course, I'm right behind you and I know it will be here in the blink of an eye!! To be honest, I don't even know where to begin! All of it seems so overwhelming to me! Have you had a big boo-hoo session yet? I can feel that mine's coming! Thankfully, Brittany has always been pretty independent, so that will help with the transition, I think!

Please be sure to share Dan's senior pics! We'd all love to see them!

Have a great Friday!!

Shannon said...

Oh, I hated the ACT!! I had a really high gpa in high school but could never do good on the ACT. Even after a class. Oh well! Hopefully Dan will do good! I think I took it about 5 times. :)

Laurin Pearce said...

Wow. I bet you are proud, worried and so many other emotions. I hope God gives you the strength and courage and wisdom to get this all done and a fashionable time. I pray that he gives your son guidance. Woot, woot your boy's going to college!! That's pretty exciting!

Heidi said...

Just found you through the Zawisza Tribune. Very cute blog & I love your header.

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same place that you are, with a hs senior son applying to colleges.

Where did the time go?! I'm really going to miss my son when he goes away to college next year....depending upon where he goes, it could be thousands of miles away or just 60!