Saturday, December 20, 2008

Really Liking Her Way of Thinking...Updated

Little Ann: "Mom, I think I'm going to make a schedule for Christmas Eve since it's at our house"..."Won't it be neat?..We won't even have to leave."

Mom: "Yeah, I know, that will be much easier, huh?"

(Little Ann goes and get's her pencil and paper and walks around checking things out)

Little Ann: "We haven't had Christmas here in a long time...I want everything to be perfect."

(Little Ann pausing for a moment in deep thought)

Little Ann: "Mom, we really need to clean the house."

Mom: "Yeah, I know that too, but we've still got a few days."

(Little Ann writes a few things down)

Little Ann: "How do you spell appetizers?"

Mom: "A P P E T I Z E R S"

(Little Ann taking note of all my scrapbooking supplies in the corner of the dining room)

Little Ann: "Mom, that stuff's in the way." "You really need to build onto the house so you can move that cart and have your own place for all your scrapbook stuff."

(Chuckling to myself)

Mom: "Yeah, that would be really nice....wish I had some money."

Mom is really liking Little Ann's way of thinking!!!

******************************************
Update: Found this lying on the couch...Too cute.

9 comments:

April said...

Sounds like some of my conversations with Abby. :) We'd be lost without our girlies, wouldn't we? Like minds sure think alike, huh?

I so appreciate all your prayers and concerns regarding my brother. I'm just continuing to trust God, believing all the while that my brother will be alright.

Hope you know how much your friendship means to me! Have a wonderful day!

hsmomma said...

Funny, I have been sitting here today brainstorming where I can put my scrapbooking stuff since I never go and use the nice little space in the house out back!

Anonymous said...

That is too sweet and funny! I love how she has had to note 'LEAVE'!!! Classic! Would Little Ann like to enter an Australia Day comp? She sounds like the type to be right on it, researching and formulating a response... Now, could you just fold her up and send her over here... I need someone to sort me out;) Enjoy your weekend.

Rae said...

I think you have a future party planner on your hands! I hope she has a wonderful night and her plans go like clockwork!

Sissy said...

Sounds like she has a plan! And a plan with appetizers sounds good to me.

Also, I guess I didn't know that you knew Chickadee. Isn't it funny how we miss those connections sometimes?

Kim Hancock said...

Ann... I love your schedule... you did a great job!

Aubs said...

Thats a girl after my own heart!! I'm a planner and list maker....sooo cute!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas full of lots of love and family!

Scrapper Mom said...

I think that is an inherited trait!! LOL. I make lists for everything...now following them is a different story.

April said...

Loved that list...that's exactly how I operate, too!