Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Eleven

Although it is actually 11:00 and the day has almost ended, it was a very special day....and no, not just because it was "St. Patrick's Day", although it was.

My baby girl turned eleven today.

She was up this morning before anyone else in the house. By the time my alarm went off she had already had a bath and painted her nails green for the occasion. I made cinnamon rolls especially for her birthday breakfast.

While she was at school, I scurried around knowing this would probably be my only chance to get chores done around the house. I'll be baseballing pretty much the rest of the week, but savoring every last moment of it. My parents picked Little Ann and my nephews up from school and they went to celebrate over supreme pizza and a root beer float, while afterwards heading to wally world to pick out a gift. I, of course, went to watch Big Dan, but if I had to guess, she had a great day. We will be celebrating more this weekend gearing up for "Playtime Pizza" and some "Cold Stone Creamery". I'm sure you'll be hearing more about that birthday celebration in detail..(with pictures!)

They grow so very fast. It's hard to believe that my sweet little chubby cheeked baby....


has blossomed into such a beautiful young lady.

Happy Birthday! I love you, my sweet Little Ann.

7 comments:

April said...

Happy Birthday, Little Ann! She sure is a beauty...be very proud, Mom! You've done well!

Rae said...

Such a darling girl!! Happy birthday Little Ann. I would love some Cold Stone Creamery! I'll meet ya there! :)

Aubs said...

She is indeed beautiful!! Hope you all enjoy all the birthday celebrations!

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY ANN!!!!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! (a little late) She is so precious!

Sissy said...

She is quite a cutie!

I know you must have seen Melissa on Dancing with the Stars. She is pretty good! And I loved it that the crowd booed Jason when the host mentioned him. Quite funny.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthing Day to you! And Happy Birthday to "Miss Legs Eleven", as my Pa used to call all of us when we hit that number. Have a great weekend as you continue the celebrations... She was a very beautiful baby, and has grown into such a gorgeous girl.

Leigh Ann said...

This made me teary. They DO grow so fast, and she IS such a beauty. Happy B-Day, Little Ann!