Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oh Happy Day!


Happy Mother's Day to me! It's pretty, isn't it? I've been wanting a Vera Bradley purse for awhile now, but wouldn't come off the money, so I was pretty excited today when I opened this.
I had a great day today. My kids mean the world to me and I feel so blessed just to have been given the privilege to be their mother. I look back and wish I could do so many things differently over the past years of their lives. I know I haven't always made all the right decisions in regards to parenting and I know that Big Dan would for sure tell you I was the strictest parent on the face of the earth, but I've tried. Oh how I've tried to be a good mother.

I spent some time with my own mother this evening. I went to church with her and we had some good quality time together tonight. I am so thankful I still have her and that she is my bestest friend in the world. Pete's mamaw that passed away last week had lost a daughter many years ago. Little Ann heard the story for the first time just the other day of how she fell off her bike, hit her head and died just a few days later. She was only 9 years old. Although Pete's dad and uncles buried their mother just 2 days before Mother's Day this year...what a wonderful reunion in Heaven for a mother and her daughter!

I've got lots of things to blog about this week. It's been a whirlwind, but lots of exciting things to post and pictures to share in between all the house cleaning and preparations for Graduation Friday night. Oh dear. Graduation is Friday night! Unbelievable.

Have a wonderful week and I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

2 comments:

April said...

I am LOVIN' that new purse of yours! You scored BIG TIME! Sounds like your family knew exactly what what you wanted...I mean NEEDED! LOL! So happy to hear that you had such a nice Mother's Day!

I'll definitely be thinking of you this week as Dan gets ready to GRADUATE! How can that possibly be? I'm sure your heart will be overflowing with pride! Stay strong!

Kim Hancock said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I've got the same bag in Puccini and love to carry it. It's the perfect size!