Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Cinderella Story

Little Ann admits to feeling a little like Hillary Duff in this movie:

She worked hard for me yesterday doing some extra chores around the house. Seems like no one ever wants to help just for the sake of helping poor mom out. There always has to be some motive behind it. With Big Dan, it's usually, because he wants to do something or go somewhere, but with Little Ann it is usually because she is saving up for something big.

Our list started in the kitchen where I had her do things like wipe down the appliances and clean the inside of the microwave. She did an excellent job, I might add. I walked into the kitchen to check on her at one point and this is what she looked like.

busy, busy, busy.....roller skates and all.

Remember our "girls day", when we went to see Kit Kitteredge: An American Girl. She fell in love with Kit. And I don't hardly blame her. She's so pretty and I've said before the movie was excellent. Who wouldn't want Kit? So........now she is saving up for her:

I have plenty more jobs where those came from today, if she is up for the challenge. With only 3 weeks left of summer vacation, we'd better dive in to get those extra projects done or we will run out of time for sure. I know she must feel like Cinderella with Big Dan chillin' at the pool with the girlfriend while she slaves at home. But I guess a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

When I asked her last night how she felt about what she had accomplished, her reply:
"Daddy pays better". (I think she's got daddy right where she wants him, what do you think?)

9 comments:

hsmomma said...

LOL, yeah, there always has tobe motive here too. Unfortunately, there's not even a lot of motivation most of the time though....

Nicole said...

Your a smart mom to teach her those things. I remember having roommates in college who were totally helpless, they didn't know how to clean anything. Your comment about the bra cracked me up. I remember when me and my twin got our first bra. I say bra because there was only one so my mom had to order some more for us. We fought so much about who got to wear it to school the next day that my mom finally took it away. We still get a good laugh over that story.

Rae said...

We know first hand about saving up for the oh-so-expensive yet oh-so-adorable AG doll! We live close enough to the store that my Kenners thinks she should be allowed to get one every time we go into the city. Me thinks not!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It is so fun to meet you! I will most assuredly visit again!

Christy said...

I think it is wonderful that you are giving her some jobs to do. I'm sure she will appreciate and love the doll even more knowing she paid for it. I love the picture with her wearing roller skates! Maybe I should take on my housecleaning that way! I'm adding you to my blog list by the way!

tondays said...

yep, we have to have motivation around here too.

i remember when my daughter was all about AG, they are good books/movies and the dolls are awesome, hope she reaches her goal to get it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like our house... I give the 3 yo a spray bottle of all natural cleaner and a cloth everyday... her job is to wash the cabinets. Granted, I usually have to re-do it. :)

My oldest girl received Mia for her Birthday and we went to see Kit Kittredge. Now she wants the whole catalog! That's a lot of extra jobs!

Cheers!
Jamie

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to be able to do housework on rollerskates - that would jazz it up a bit. I'd spend more time on my backside, sadly, though...

Have you gone scrapbook shopping yet? Because of you I know now what it is that I would like for Christmas... a money voucher, thank you very much. You and I and a few others just need to have a girlie weekend... reckon I could manage the distance?!?!

Shannon said...

That is so funny! I loved American Girl when I was little. I didn't have any of the dolls but I had and loved all the books. :) My favorite was the one from the 1800's. I think her name was Kirstin.

Kim Hancock said...

This is too funny...cleaning with the roller skates on!