Monday, July 7, 2008

A Long Day

This day has been marked down on our calendar for months. Just as soon as Little Ann found the announcement on The American Girl site that Kit was making a movie, it was a definite we were going. The movie actually came out on Tuesday but we had trouble finding a theater that was showing it. After a little web searching, I located one and decided this would be the day we would venture out for a little girly afternoon fun.

Here is Little Ann...along with Felicity and Nikki (the 2 dolls she has collected so far) along for our girls day out. Glad I didn't have to buy tickets for them too, even though they each took up a seat!


You know, I am of the opinion that movie theaters are pure robbery. Who can actually go into one and pass up popcorn once the smell hits you in the face? Twelve buckaroos for this people. TWELVE DOLLARS.

I must admit, the movie was great. I cried. Yes, I'm a sap. I always have been. I cry about lots of things anyway, but touching movies get me every time. For any of my readers not familiar with American Girl, I highly recommend it if you have girls that still like dolls. Each doll comes with her own historical background and book. Most dolls have sets of books. Little Ann loves dolls AND history so it is a great combination for her. Some of you homeschoolers might even find a way to incorporate it into your history lesson. I don't know, just a thought, but it's healthy for her mind.

After the movie and our $12 bag of popcorn (which I was the only one that ate), we shopped around for awhile, and then had dinner. Later we did this...
No way Little Ann was letting me pass by Barnes and Noble..no way, no how. What kind of mother would I be anyway, if I didn't let her get a book to read over summer vacation? At least one of us likes to do it.

This was NOT on her list of things to do on her girls day out...

but tonight was Big Dan's last Legion Baseball game and I didn't have the heart to miss it. He was glad we were there..we brought extra fans.

I hope your day was great. Oh and yes, I did miss tonight's episode of The Bachelorette, but I plan to watch it online in the morning...don't tell me, don't tell me!!

3 comments:

Heidi Zawisza said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! ha! I will definitely have to take my little princess! Glad you had such a good time!
Heidi
ps. i totally agree on the highway robbery thing......

hsmomma said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Makes me wish my little girl wasn't past the doll loving stage....

Aubs said...

How special to have that time with your little girl!! Having only boys for now i am so far from familiar with anything girly but that whole doll with books sounds neat! Maybe one day i'll find out!! =)