Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hope

Hello Friends. Once again, I have let the days get away from me. I can't believe I have been so consistent in my posting each day since I began this blogging endeavor....up until this week, that is. I know that even though I make plans for my life, (and plans for the blog, ha), that doesn't necessarily mean they are God's plans.

I just want to say that this has been a tremendously difficult week for me. I know those of you that faithfully read, are ones that I can count on to pray for me, so I would ask that you pray....even though you don't know what you are praying for, it would mean the world to me.

Tonight I grabbed my bible.....just thumbing through hoping something would jump out at me. I know that God speaks through His word...that is if we will just listen. These are a couple of verses that caught my attention and I would like to share them. Some of you I know and others I have only become to know through this blog. You may be going through some rainy times in your life too, and I just want to remind you of what I am having to remind myself. We are not alone if we are God's children.

Psalm 9:9 - The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: For thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalm 62:7-8 - In God is my Salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength and my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us.

There is a song by Casting Crowns (which is my absolute favorite Christian Band) called Prodigal. If you are familiar with the parable of the prodigal son, you will love this song. The son goes out into the world, squanders his blessings away and when has no where else to turn, he comes back to his father, who lovingly takes him back. These lyrics are so powerful.



You know,.... so many times we grow so distant from God, squandering our blessings away.. and we wonder why things happen. This song is so touching. It just reminds me of how "our Father" is always there ready to take us back anytime we come running. From time to time, I have to remind myself that God isn't the one that has left me high and dry, it is the other way around.

There is hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And where there is hope, there is love also... I'm glad you know He loves you. Bless your heart! I'm sorry things have been tough for you and I pray that all will be as He would have it for you.

Thanks for sharing the Bible verses...

I don't know how to do the linky thing in here - and I'm too tired to work it out - but if you go to my "Faith" post a little while back, you'll find a link there to a woman's blog, "Write From the Heart", and she has written some very powerful, inspirational, strength-of-the-Spirit stuff. Just in case it might help... Hugs to you... Naomi

hsmomma said...

It is easy to let the days get awhile--especially when we are troubled by things going on in our lives. But continue to hold fast to His promises and know that you have bloggy friends praying for you....