Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rambling...

So far it seems that each of my posts have had some type of meaning to them....some particular subject I have talked about. Today, I think I just want to ramble.

Big Dan is rushing around getting all spruced up. The new female friend is on her way over to watch a movie. I have a future post in mind about their new found "friendship", but I want to see if it lasts longer than a week first. Yesterday they went to the zoo. No pressure...just a place to enjoy the company. He is such a different person when there is a girl involved. I like it when he is happy..that makes me happy (besides the fact he is much easier to get along with).

In the midst of my updates to my blog, I added a few new links. A few more of my favorite scrapbooking sites. If you like to do this type of thing, check these out..they are super. Also, if you are interested, I added a link to a site called Plugged In Online. It is an awesome site if you are trying to pick out a decent movie for your kids/teenager to watch. I was so impressed. It has all elements of the movie..including any spiritual content, sexual content, violence, etc.. It even tells you how many curse words it has in it, what they are, and how many times they are used. I love this site because I can feel comfortable when choosing what movies I will allow my children to view, but it will also save you from walking out of the theatre wishing you had kept that money in your pocket.

I love my dog. I really do, but sometimes I could just kick her right in the tail/tale..whichever you prefer. Dogs dig. I know it's a fact, but why on earth do they pick the places I put so much time and money into? I am so tired of re-landscaping the same 2 areas outside my back door, I could scream! Nine years ago when we moved into our house, it looked like this...

Eventually, this bark got old so I replaced it all with colored mulch. It gave it a fresh new look and as long as I replaced it every couple of years, we were good. Then came the dogs. We had a full blooded golden retriever named Molly that did quite the digging damage. I was convinced it was a no-win situation until she outgrew the puppy stage. So last summer, after she was no longer with us, I replaced the entire 2 sections with a paver sidewalk instead of the stepping stones. It looked like this...

This past October, we got another puppy, named Dixie who is part golden lab and part golden retriever. Needless to say, she has done her fair share of digging as well....so...I was forced to re-do again. This time I chose lava rock instead of mulch hoping to deter her. It looks like this..

It's been a month now and I thought it had been a good choice...until now. When we left for church this morning, I was greeted by multiple spots uncovered by rock and dirt slung everywhere! She has been hiding from me today. BAD DOG.

Well, I think that's all my rambling for the day. I'm hungry and I have biscuits in the oven. (Maybe I should look up a past blog for chickadee's chocolate gravy). Yum.

4 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

i don't even notice the digging around here for all the chewing!

hsmomma said...

Ramble on, sister! :)

Sometimes my posts are "ramblings" too. Yesterday was one of those days.

I'll have to check out your scrapbooking sites sometime soon.

Nicole said...

Your yard looks great. It looked good before too, but I really like the paved look. Thanks for the movie site. Sometimes I don't even like to go look at movies at the store because the covers can be so graphic, I'll have to check that site out.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

yes, what is it with the dogs and digging. I would have thought the rock would have stopped her. But your yard looks great!