Saturday, August 9, 2008

And....It's Over

That long awaited reunion day, that is. Kind of like Christmas, ya know. You spend months planning and getting things ready and then it's over. Just.like.that. For another 10 at least, I guess. My cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling so much...mainly from all those cameras. It's hard to make sure they"get your good side" when they're coming at ya from from every angle!

I think between myself and my 2 fellow blogging classmates, I'm sure one of us has mentioned that we were a very small class. We come from a very rural (but has grown tremendously in the past years) county. The enrollment in the graduation classes have more than doubled from then to now. Anyway, we only had 27 in our class. I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get to see all of them, but for the 11 that attended, it was a blast.

I laughed so hard at pictures from our past. Just about every picture I saw of myself, I was eating. That cracked me up. I hadn't remembered seeing a lot of the pictures that others had brought and they were quite comical. I had made a cd with "our music" (are you surprised?) and it was fun listening and reminiscing about where we were and what we were doing when that song was a hit.

This is eleven of the most beautiful people from the Class of 1988!


This next photo is of my bestest girls. I love these girls. We've been together a long time. We only had 18 girls in our class and we were all great friends, but I couldn't ask for better ones than these!

And look how much we've changed!! Can you recognize 3 of us in the next photo? (Short One, where were you??) We were like 9 or 10 years old here. Isn't this the cutest picture? I have no idea what I am doing. It looks like I am about to smack my little brother. Just like little brother's to crash the party, huh?

This next picture is the greatest. Maybe we really haven't grown up that much. ha.

And last but not least...I can't forget the new generation. They were so good today. We hardly even knew they were around.

We really did have a great time. It's good to know everyone is doing well and happy with where life has taken them.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time. How neat that you and the girls have such a special friendship. I'm finding it a funny coincidence after the post I just wrote... Classic! Great pics. Happy scrappin!!!

His Doorkeeper said...

So glad you had so much fun! Reunions are always fun but wait till you get to number 40 and you just flat don't recognize some of them!! har

Of course, you always look young...but the others.....well...

hsmomma said...

Looks like you had a great time!

tondays said...

it was so good to see you! thanks so much for all of your help - it would have never happened w/out your help! i am already looking forward to the next one!

love ya girl! it was great day!!!

His Girl said...

looks like such a grand time... I only hope to look that rockin' at my reunion!

Sarah said...

I bet you had so much fun and made even more memories! That is so special that you have lasting friendships with those women! What a blessing!

tondays said...

oops! I didn't mean to leave out Big Dan - he wasn't there when we took the pic of the kiddos & I was just thinking about the kids there at that time. i still can't believe he is 18 - he is a very handsome boy! And Lil Ann - she was just too cute!

Some of us may need to consider getting together more often than every 5 years!

cmbbyrd said...

I loved the old pic of us!

God's Girl said...

Wow. To have those kind of life-ling friends is such a blessing from the Lord.

Thanks for sharing.