Friday, August 8, 2008

Yes, Twenty Years...

It has been that long.....whether I want to believe it or not. Time has, for sure, flown by. Regrets or not, it is what it is. God has a will and a reason for everything and that's all I have to say about that.

And I don't want to ramble on about how I am nervous about my twenty year class reunion that is coming up in approximately 24 hours, although I am nervous. If you want the serious post reflecting back on my past 20 years, just visit here. If you want fun, then read on.

No, I didn't ask permission from the people in the following photographs to post. One of my classmates is a fellow blogger and she gave me permission from here. Another, well, she also blogs and hmmm, it seems like she posted a hideous big haired prom picture of me not so long ago..so I guess I'm due. The rest of the gang, you wouldn't know them if you saw them so I guess it really doesn't matter, huh? (and these pictures are all scanned in)

Stay with me here. It is totally worth it in the end. (For you 80's lovers out there anyway!)

Twenty years. The year was 1988. My Senior Year. Doing the same things my son is just preparing to do.......taking Senior portraits, selling ads for the yearbook, joining clubs, cheering (well, thank goodness he doesn't do that!), throwing toilet paper in trees, cutting firewood and selling concession to raise money for our Senior Trip, going to prom, studying (he doesn't do much of that either) and the list goes on. So many memories to make...such little time.

This picture was scanned just for you, right out of my 1988 yearbook.

Twenty years ago
I was chosen as the Mistress of Ceremonies for our School Homecoming.

Twenty years ago
I dressed up as Raggedy Ann and sang a solo in a choir Christmas program.

Twenty years ago
I hung out with my peeps under this newly constructed pavilion during our break. (which they no longer get, btw)

(and I am not in this photo because I happened to be the one taking the picture!)

Twenty years ago
We boarded a bus we had chartered to take us to Daytona Beach and Disney World!!
Florida or Bust!! (Isn't that how it goes?)

Twenty years ago
I did it. I graduated. My mother was ever so happy. And so was I. I remember thinking how ecstatic I was to "get out on my own". Boy, was I in for a rude awakening!

I know you are tired of seeing big hair photos of me, so now I am getting to the really fun part.

Twenty years ago
I (and you too) did ALL OF THIS!!!



And Finally Twenty years ago.....
We listened to this...(yes, I'm most definitely getting my 80's groove on) This isn't the best video quality, but the music is awesome! Enjoy!!



I'll post again after the reunion!!

Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

where is that choir thing? i have no memory of that.

Rae said...

I just love all of your pics! Hubby didn't go to his 20 year but we're going to his 25 next year. As for me, I don't plan on missing my 20th! Have a great time!!

Betsy said...

Wow! You win the big hair award! I thought mine was big, but I think you've got me beat!

Have SOOOO much fun at the reunion! I really enjoyed mine. It was so great just catching up with everyone and seeing where life had taken them.

I can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at your reunion. I look forward to your post on that one - with pics???

tondays said...

i have no memory of that choir thing either - where/when was that?!

see ya tomorrow.

The Uppermans said...

the wife and i talked about "I've fallen and I can't get up," and "where's the beef" last night with our kids. luv the video. hope you have fun at your reunion. look forward to seeing you this week.

Scrapper Mom said...

That choir thing was a program we did at Christmas. We did it at Center Church for some reason. I really don't remember why.

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Your hair has come a long way!

Cheers!
Jamie

Heidi Zawisza said...

Okay, I totally LOVE this post!! I LOVE the eighties.....AND your hair!! ha!ha!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I can't wait to hear about your reunion, and I also can't wait to congratulate you on your 20 yr anniversary! That's awesome!

His Girl said...

oh man! oh man! oh man!

good. clean. fun.

dying! laughing! dying!

thanks for the video trip down memory lane.. my hubby and i have the giggles!