Sunday, August 24, 2008

Feeling Scrap Happy!

Wow, guys!! I have been one scrap happy chick this past weekend. It's been exciting watching my stack of completed pages grow since Thursday. Don't know what motivated me, but I'm glad it happened. It may be the start of Big Dan's Senior Year and the fact I've got quite of bit of memoriabilia to get into a scrapbook. Hope I'm not boring you with my pages, but I love to share them with you when they're done.

Saturday, I thumbed through some July pictures and decided on this:


It's just the dog, but I like these pictures and it's been awhile since I took any. This is just circle patterned paper. I matted the pictures, used some "dog themed" pattern paper to help the symmetry of the page, a metal tag. Computer journaling reads:

Dixie is such a sweet puppy. She guards our yard, she is so friendly and plays well with the kids, she doesn't run much with the other dogs like our previous ones have, and if we could find a way to help her overcome her destructiveness, she would be almost perfect. She loved getting this bath. It was such a hot day and the water felt so good to her. As soon as it was over, she stretched out in relaxation mode in the freshly mowed grass. Such is a dog's life.


This one is from our July 4th partay at a church member's home.

All of the pictures are matted on white. I cut the title and stars with my die cutter. The journaling is handwritten in the star and reads:

Every year blank and blank invite the church over for some 4th of July fun. We always have the greatest time fellowshipping, eating, and watching the fireworks!


I was very pleased with the way this 2 page spread from Little Ann at church camp turned out.


Layered several styles of patterned papers, used flower rub ons, did some free hand arrows pointing to her smiles. Part of the title is chipboard and part I cut from the die cut machine. Journaling reads:

As I was scrapping this page, I noticed a recurring theme with the pictures. You were smiling from ear to ear in almost every one. That just proved one thing that I already knew. Just how much you love church camp. I've been sponsoring you since you were 3 years old and each year I keep expecting to hear you say to me that you want to go by yourself. Hasn't happened yet. I guess I am glad. So far, we still put our beds together and make one and you continue to snuggle with me. I love that you don't care what the other girls think of that.

Camp is always a joy. You still love the creek, the worship, the lessons, and just the all around fun. This year you played kick ball for the first time and even I got on the blow up toys! Can't wait til next year!



Today after church, I decided I would try to fit one more in before I took my nap. I just wanted something easy, so here is the dog again.

I used patterned papers. I cut the squares out of some scrap pieces of the "cork board" paper I used last week. The letters in the title and the journaling, I generated on the computer. Used ribbon and the "torn" paper look. Journaling reads:

Dixie is such a good puppy. She was only in the house for the first 4 or 5 months of her life before we put her out. She knew the line of carpet was her "limit" and wouldn't go any further, even when we went to bed at night. I could've gotten used to her staying inside with us if she just wasn't getting so big and shed so much. She is like a member of our family.

Sorry if you find these boring. They are not that great, but this is all I've been doing lately, therefore, this all I have to blog about!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Scrapper MUM!!! These are great pages - you've really got some momentum going. You're inspiring me, so keep it up! PLEEEASE!

Shannon said...

I love those pages! Especially the 4th of July page. So cute!

tondays said...

someday, we are going to have to get together & you can show me how to do this - it just looks to difficult for me as i'm not very crafty!

Your Preacher's Wife said...

Those are awesome pages! Maybe I'll get to come crop sometime this week. Maybe my nausea will go away!

Heidi Zawisza said...

WOW! You are on a scrapping role!!! You go girl! Looks great as always!!!