Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some Pages

Today, I put out 3 of the simplest pages I think I have ever done. I thought they turned out ok, for simple. I have been trying to take advantage of my "quiet time" this week now that the kids are gone during the day....I spent the first 3 days getting things in order so I didn't have this cloud of guilt surrounding me as I cropped, but today..it was mine.

I didn't actually get started until around 3 pm, but Little Ann was busy outside doing some bird watching, Big Dan left as soon as he got home, and Pete..well, he went scouting for deer with a friend, so I still pretty much had the house to myself. I broke away to cook dinner around 6 pm, ate, and went right back to cropping..all the while giving orders. It worked out pretty well, if I do say so myself.

Because the pages were so simple, I finished the last one around 9 pm, just in time to lie down with Little Ann for a while at bedtime, call out some words to Big Dan for a vocabulary test tomorrow, and of course, surf the net and compile this blog.

Most of these pictures you have already seen on the blog, but I still must incorporate them into a scrapbook page. This is what I accomplished:

Page 1:


This page was so easy. The paper was patterned and already had this writing on it. I added my pictures which I matted with the neatest paper which was the same consistency as cork board. Very cool. I stickled my arrows, added some brads, typed my journaling and...walla! So you can get the full effect (for the ones that care), my journaling reads:

Back in April we finally broke down and bought you your first car. Of course, as I expected, you wrecked it on your way to school the very first day, so I never actually got to take pictures of you and the new car before it had the front end smashed in. On this night, you were about to embark upon another great milestone in your journey of life. Your first real "one on one" date where you actually drove to pick up the girl, paid for everything, dropped her off, and made it back home...alive. I took the opportunity to savor this moment and get pictures of you and your new ride after it's cosmetic surgery.

Page 2:

On this page, I used polka dot patterend paper, slapped some other pieces of patterned paper down. Matted the pictures in black to bring out the black in her outfit. I used prima flowers and used a glitter brad in black in each flower also to go with the other black. I used chipboard alpha letters for kit's name, journaled on cardstock, and incorporated the actual movie ticket. That's it! Journaling reads:

You had this date marked on your calendar for months and couldn't wait for the day it came out...Kit Kitteredge, An American Girl, that is. We looked and looked for it nearby, but found the closest showing at the Rave. So, we took us a "girls day out" and went to see it. It was so cute. We both loved it! This was one of the highlights of your summer.

(UPDATE: The OCD in me decided that I didn't like the 3rd page, therefore, I delelted it from the blog and am planning a re-do sometime this week. I'll be posting it when I'm finally satisfied with the results. SORRY. I can't help myself.)

Well, for those of you that scrapbook, I hope you enjoyed looking at my pages..as good as they can be. And others, I hope you weren't totally bored out of your mind looking at this stuff!

Have a great, wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love all your "simple" pages, if you could call them "simple"!! They look pretty great to me! That is funny that you went to the Rave. I remember a lot of high school memories there. :)

Anonymous said...

Your pages look fantastic, and what's more, your journalling tells a great story (loved the Big Dan's car tale). After a week of inaction, I'm hoping to get some pages done today too...

Heidi Zawisza said...

Your sweet letters to your children make me cry. What an AWESOME gift this will be to them some day!! You ROCK!