Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some Humor

You may not think either of these subjects are funny, but it's late, I don't get out much, and for some reason it doesn't take much to humor me right now. It's not tomorrow yet. Still have 25 mins left in this day..but since my goal is to not have more than one post per day (or less as of late), I am making use of that sneaky little blog tool that lets you make up your own time.

First item of humor: My dear son, Big Dan, has been on the job hunt for the past couple of weeks. I don't know if I mentioned that here or on my other time waster..Facebook. Anyway, yesterday he got hired at Popeyes and started work today. I paid him $1 to let me take this picture:

I don't know why I think this is so funny. I guess it's just hard to imagine my own flesh and blood at the window wearing funny little headphones saying "yo, can I take your order?" Which is probably what he said. And not to mention how many people actually got thighs tonight that ordered drumsticks, since his mother never taught him how to tell the difference. And his mother, being the confrontational one in the family, can totally relate to the feeling many customers probably felt tonight as they pulled away from the drive through only to find the cute in his uniform, silly little teenage order filler guy had no clue. Sorry, but that just cracks me up.

And he may have done just fine and this is hopefully all in my imagination.

And the other thing that just totally cracked me up tonight is this hilarious email I got from my friend today. This thing may have been circulating years and it just finally made it's way to me, but I found it quite humorous..especially since I've had cake issues with Walmart.

Ok, so here's the photograph:

Do you have any clue what this says? I think the conversation must've gone something like this:

Walmart Bakery Employee: Bakery, how can I help you?
Customer: Yes, I need to order a cake for a going away party.
Walmart Bakery Employee: What flavor and what would you like it to say?
Customer: Yellow would be fine and I would like it to say "Best Wishes, Suzanne" and underneath that "We will miss You".

You have to admit, that is pretty funny. The world is literally filled with stupid people.... And anybody that said that about my baby tonight when they left the drive through at Popeyes better think twice next time. They don't call me Scrapper Mom for nuthin'!

Have a great day! (or night whichever time of the day you chose to read this post!)

13 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

the cake? seriously? it kind of all ties in since it could be dan working at walmart. he could have made that mistake as easily as mixing drumsticks with thighs.

Rae said...

Oh! I so needed to laugh this morning and that cake did just that!

Your son looks so handsome in his uniform. You know, girls love a guy in uniform! :)

Shannon said...

I CANNOT believe that cake! Did you actually have to buy it?!? I'm in shock!

tondays said...

that cake is soooo funny! i think i've given an order to that person before!LOL

only a $1.00 for the picture - wow, my kids would have tried to charge me more. he looks cute in the uniform - he's going to have some girls flirting w/him for sure!

Anonymous said...

That cake is a scream! Some people... Hope you're having a good day...

hsmomma said...

You are so funny....

I have seen the cake email before, but it never ceases to be funny. Especially when you live in our part of the world and know how many of "them" walk among us.

I have been kind of out of touch with the blog world this week and miss reading yours posts everyday. Glad to see Big Dan smiling!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Scrapper Mom
That cake picture is so funny. I hadn't seen it before. I am going to print it off.
I just found your blog and wanted to say I love your scrap-booking. Thanks for sharing it.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Absolutely hilarious!!! I have had my own cake issues with Wal-Mart. My mind wandered back to the time I ordered a Darth Vadar cake for my son. The woman wrote down "Dark Vada". I promptly asked to see what she was planning to put on my cake! I was relieved to find out that Dark Vada is just another name for the Star Wars star - Darth Vadar:)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi and that I really enjoy reading your blog. I am a 911 dispatcher in South Dakota and I read your blog on a regular basis!

Deb said...

That is seriously the funniest thing ever. I can't believe they didn't think there was something wrong with that.

Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm not bothering with my FB account anymore. They've shut down Scrabulous, which was why I started FB in the first place, and which is what kept me interested. So, I'll see you in blog world and 'chat' to you via email. Have a wonderful day and stop by and smell my roses...

His Girl said...

paid him a dollar BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!


oh my gosh, I love that you mock your children too. makes me so glad to know we're not alone.

still crackin' up!

hahahaa.

Aubs said...

So i'm way behind on my blog reading so i just saw this post and i am cracking up!!

i love your version of how his 1st night of work went and that cake is HILARIOUS! Hubby and I agree that we would have taken the cake just like that cause its so funny!