Saturday, August 30, 2008

Trial Run

I'm pretty sure I have mentioned before that a group of ladies..(and some of their significant others) are headed to South Dakota/Nebraska to visit an Indian Reservation. We are planning to leave on the 21st of September.

Both our pastor and his wife have a great heart for missions. When we called them to our church back in March, they had been on this mission field for 3 years. One of the things our pastor's wife wanted to do on the trip is make Indian Tacos one night for a large group. So, last night several of our women got together and put all our efforts into a "trial run" for the church to make sure we could pull it off.

Everything is much the same as an American taco (or Mexican) or whatever a taco is..lol..except the shell. She made dough, rolled it out, and fryed it in a skillet.

Here, a friend and I are in charge of the ground meat.

Chickadee (and a new haircut) preparing some dessert.

And dinner is served..............

This will be the first mission trip I have ever been on and I must say I am excited.

Excited about the 15 hour trip and the fellowship we will share as we travel.

Excited about seeing a different part of the US..a direction I've never been.

Excited about seeing a few other sights just for the fun of it while we are there.

Excited about visiting a different culture..seeing what they are like and how they live.

But most of all...excited to see what God can do through us while we are there and afterwards.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That tucker looks good! Your trip sounds great - I'm sure you'll have the very best time and be blessed and bless others as you serve God...

BTW - you take a beautiful photo!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - mine's nearly over, and I'm heading into my first week of full-time work (outside the home...) in 8 years... Let's see how I turn up at the end of this week...!!!

tondays said...

looks like a good spread. sounds like a good trip!

Heidi Zawisza said...

I am so excited to hear what God does with and through you on your missions trip. Our whole family went to the Dominican Republic over spring break on a missions trip, and it ROCKED!! I will be praying for you. Make sure you remind us when it gets closer!!

Rae said...

What a wonderful opportunity/adventure this will be! I always loved going on mission trips growing up!! The same weekend you will be on your trip I will be attending a women's conference. I can't wait!

Take lots of pictures to share with us!

BTW, the food looks fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Which reservation are you visiting in South Dakota/Nebraska? I live in the northeastern part of South Dakota.