Sunday, September 21, 2008

Checking In

I am sitting in my hotel room right now at 11:56 pm. It has been a long day of driving and we have just settled in for the night. I wanted to check in and say hello and goodnight.

A group of people left out on a mission trip today. Three husband/wife couples including our pastor and his wife, a guy who just surrendered into the ministry, a friend of mine with her granddaughter and myself with Little Ann. We left out shortly after morning services today and spent the entire day driving. I was so excited to drive through places I had never been before....including Fayettville, Arkansas.....and I actually live in Arkansas. I know, I'm sheltered. I have never ventured out that direction and definitely never made it as far as Kansas City. What a huge city. It went on forever!!!

Tonight we are staying in Missouri, but will spend the day driving all the way through Nebraska tomorrow until we reach the Reservation just inside South Dakota. I will try to keep you posted the best I can. Pray God will work this week.

Nighty night,

12 comments:

April said...

Sounds like you have a long drive ahead, but such an exciting trip! I will say a prayer for your safe travel, and that God will work in mighty and wonderful ways. Can't wait to hear all about it! God Bless!

cmbbyrd said...

Be safe. I'll be praying for y'all.

Shannon said...

Yea for Fayetteville!!! You have to come back and I'll show you all around. :)

The Uppermans said...

we are praying for you guys. i am so proud of the entire church. GOD is going to bless this effort, only if you keep Him first. call us and tell us how things are going.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and blessed trip. How exciting! And how wonderful to do this with your little girl!!! Praying for you and your mission group as you seek to glorify Him. Blessings. Naomi

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you are out of your comfort zone...out seeing the wonders of our great country. I'm so proud!!! :) Love ya!

Unknown said...

Hey,

Check out QVC or QVC.com...lots of new scrapbooking products. I just got a 200 background page pad!!!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Have a safe blessed trip. Looking forward to seeing how God works this week. Be safe and God Bless!Jackie

Heidi Zawisza said...

Praying for you....hope all is good!!!

Nicole said...

Hope your having a good time. I just saw the post with your dauger Katie running for Reporter. How cute, I love the signs and little giveaway.

April said...

You've been tagged!! Go to my blog when you get a chance and read what to do! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Missing you... I tagged you too... Hope you're well. Look forward to hearing about all you've been up to...