Friday, September 19, 2008

Independence

I love how Little Ann is so independent. Not only just because she is 10 and can do most things for herself now, but in personality too. She is definitely growing up right before my eyes. She has always been a happy medium between the strong willed "quirky" personality and a sweet, sweet, cuddly, loving side. I love both about her. I tell her all the time how proud I am that she is her "own" person and doesn't try to be something she's not for the sake of popularity.

Yesterday in class they talked about their favorite bands and genre's of music. Hands quickly popped up with responses such as "The Jonas Brothers", "Hannah Montana", "Chris Brown", and "Jordan Sparks".

"Little Ann's reply..."Johnny Cash" and "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ".
Wow.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

My step daughters to be def love the Jonas Brothers. But it still amazes me when they sing along to music their Dad must have taught them!

How can I put the McCain/Palin link on my blog? And how did you get such a beautiful blog background?

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

April said...

My daugther, Abby, is all about the Jonas Brothers. In fact, I'm completely convinced she'd marry anyone of them in a heartbeat! Ha!

Good for Little Ann for stepping out of the usual and claiming the kind of music SHE likes. Way to go!!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

A well rounded little girl. Since my two are grown, I am not that old, but have a hard time keeping up with the new music and even movies. Have a wonderful weekend. Jackie

Leigh Ann said...

You SHOULD be proud. She sounds like a terrific young landy!

Anonymous said...

Good on her. What a great kid! At her age (and now still) I loved listening to Johnny Cash and John Denver - my Daddy's influence... It's lovely to see the children 'sprouting' and being who they are.

His Girl said...

totally burst out laughing when I got to her answer!

absolutely awesome kid you've got there!

Shannon said...

What a combo! I love it! :) She is so smart. :)

Heidi Zawisza said...

Hey girl!! I missed reading your blogs while I was away....Looking forward to getting caught up!!

Laura Booher said...

She is a smart girl.. she knows classic music when she hears it! Good for her.. Bet the other kids were saying... Johnny who???