Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday, Monday..

Hi guys. Well, here it is Monday again, and I totally feel like I've been away For.ev.er.

After a hectic first part of the week last week, the weekend was considerably calm. Not weather wise, of course, but.....I had the house to myself for most of the time. It was GREAT!! Guess what I did...(not blog, if you couldn't tell)...I cropped!!

Friday, I went with Big Dan to a job interview at our local hospital. Before you guys give me the OMGness, let the boy grow up speech, just to let you know, I was invited...by the interviewer himself actually. With Big Dan being under 18 and still in high school, he felt it was better to have a parent present. I didn't tell him, but I most definitely agreed. (I would've only gotten half the story, as usual). It went well, and I am sure Popeye's fried chicken will soon be a thing of the past.

Get this, ya'll. After the interview, he headed out to work the evening shift serving up some chicken, Little Ann had been invited to a sleepover and Pete was at work, so I stopped in Chili's. Yes, I love me some chips and salsa...and I ate for like $4. I did feel a little awkward..you know, it was Friday night and I was the lone ranger. Pete called to make sure I wasn't sitting at the bar. (no, I wasn't...honest)

I kept late hours scrapping. It was heavenly. And then I got right back to it on Saturday. Everyone was still gone and I pretty much scrapped right through the storms..alone. I had the tv on the news listening as each new tornado warning popped up. Even went and cleaned out my fraidy hole under our stairs..just in case, but for most of the day, I put out page after page.

AND...to show how dedicated I was, I even gave up my Sunday afternoon nap to do another couple of pages.

AND...I just discovered blogger is not in a very cooperative mood tonight, so I can't show you what I did.

I hope everyone has a great week, and I promise I'll be back soon to share!!

(I just love how my spell check wants to correct me when I refer to you as "ya'll")lol!

5 comments:

April said...

I, too, love it when I have the entire house to myself. I can get so much accomplished, it's amazing! If I feel like cleaning , watching tv, taking a hot bath, or eating a bowl of mac and cheese, I can...and enjoy every second of it!

Hope you didn't have any damage from the hurricane. I've been talking to my family and friends in Arkansas and they've had downed trees and no electricity for several days.

Anonymous said...

Oh so glad to hear from you... What a happy little cropper you've been! How lovely for you... I dream of those days when I can do something peacefully and interuption free, but then of course I think about the fact that for that to happen, my children will be grown, and then I tell myself I'm in no rush!!! Can't wait to see your pics of your pages...

hsmomma said...

I so need to scrapbook--I feel so "comdemned" every time I hear how productive you have been!! :)

Glad you enjoyed some time to yourself!

Nicole said...

Ok, you'd better show off your new scrapbook pages as soon as your computer is in a better mood. Wow, a evening to yourself, that sounds so nice!

Shannon said...

Oh, I can't wait to see! I saw on Facebook that you had been scrappin so I had to come check it out! :) Show us soon!