Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Some Things - Updated

We are still in the midst of "renovating" I guess you could say, around the outside of the house. We thought we would just get new french doors, but after pricing them, I decided I would just do this at least until after Christmas.

The lawnmower threw a rock into the glass on the back porch more than a year ago. At first we joked that it "gave it character", but now glass falls out everytime the door is opened. I gave Little Ann a butter knife and she amused herself for awhile.

(Update: ok, in lieu of Chickadee's comment, I just want everyone to know the glass is double paned. We only chipped away at the outside pane. There is still the inside pane to protect us from the "teenage" vandals on the loose in the neighborhood at the moment, lol. That cracked me up that she thought there was nothing there!! nu hu, no way hosea!!!)


I hear the wind howling outside now as I type. We are in Arkansas and thankfully not having to endure the brunt of Hurricane Gustav, but we are getting a little taste. Although the rain has been off and on all day, the winds have been at least 25-30 mph.

I tried to capture the high winds, bleak sky, and rain, but this is the best I got. I'm sure alot of you saw it first hand anyway.

Unfortunately, today I had to get out and brave the weather. Of all days I was wishing I could stay curled up in bed, I had a dental appointment. I like to get my teeth cleaned. They always feel so good afterwards...I hate to eat and mess them up. Afterwards, I went to my local scrapbook store and spent a little more of my certificates. She had several new papers in and I was soooo excited. This is what I got!!

And then when I got home, my absolute favorite scrapbook magazine was in the mail. It is full of all kinds of neat layouts for the Fall. Between the new supplies and the new magazine, I couldn't help myself but to sit down for a bit, organize, and whip out a "re-do" of one I did a couple of weeks ago that I decided I wasn't happy with. I think it looks much better now.


The boss called tonight to let me know they had a better night at work. She really called to let me to know she had let Big Dan off an hour early so I could know when to expect him. Of course he is currently grounded from his phone (under the circumstances) and I am a nervous wreck with him out on the roads in this rain and wind with no phone. I should've sent it, but he is probably safer without it, since I know he would be talking all the way instead of paying attention. I don't know how we ever managed without cell phones when we were kids. My poor mother. I couldn't have stood not being able to call me. (lol, that sounded funny)


Anyway, I think I am actually going to go to bed before 1 am tonight. I am working at the High School tomorrow for the first time this year. NOT looking forward to the work, but anxious to see all the kids again after the summer.


Hope everyone has a great hump day and sorry for the RAMBLING!!!

7 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

you're just going to leave the door "open" with all those robbers on the loose in your neighborhood? way to make it easy for them.

i see you're doing some "scrapbooking" on your site as well. good job!

His Girl said...

I was behind on your blog again (just can't seem to keep up these days) but I just wanted to take a second to let you know I'm praying for you, sis.

Anonymous said...

Hiya! Nothing like being let loose in a SB shop or looking at an SB mag to get you motivated... I thought I was the only one who re-did pages... Hope your day at school is a good one... I've been working with 5 & 6 year olds (we call them Preppies) all week and loving it, only I've been missing my little boy... I've only ever worked in highschool (a Christian College, mind you!!!) once; at the end of the day I went into the office and very politely said please don't call me again!!!! I'm Early Childhood through and through... I think you're very brave!!!

Shannon said...

Love your pages!

It is so dark and gloomy here too but I'm thankful for the rain. We needed it!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Wow!! Cool scrapbooking stuff. BTW...I LOVE your new background! so CHIC!!! Ooh la la.....

hsmomma said...

We had a door like that once. The same thing happened and we did the same thing and never replaced it. (We ended up moving from that house, but the single pane held us over for years...LOL).

I got the same magazine yesterday but have not had time to look at it yet. I wish I could duplicate their pages like you do. I think I am so stressed by being almost three years behind on SIX kids (my five and my nephew) that it gives me some kind "block"!

I tried to take pictures of the effects from Gustav to share as well, but mine didn't capture it well either. It is still kind of wild here!

tondays said...

crazy, crazy weather - who'd a thought a hurricane in Arkansas?!!! But at least we should have more brilliant fall colors this year since we have had plenty of rain!

so, are there vandals in your area? mom hasn't mentioned things like that to me?