Sunday, October 12, 2008

Getting My Fix..

of Babies, that is.

Aren't babies just precious? Our church is small.....just a congregation of about 75 on Sunday morning, but that number is quickly changing. Something must be in the water around here. One mother just had her baby, Chickadee will be hatching very soon, and our Pastor's wife is due in April. I forgot just how much I missed holding a little one until I spent the afternoon taking in that sweet baby smell, rubbing those tiny, precious feet that have never touched the ground, and feeling that soft, silky hair touch my cheek. There is nothing like it.

Her baby came a little early and so her shower was after the fact. I called my mother and had her do up a little something special for today.

This a monogrammed fleece blanket. It is so soft and delicate. I just love it. I wanted to post it for you to see since mom has started her etsy shop. I don't know if she has these listed or not, but you can always email her or contact me if you might be interested.

I admit, I am fighting the "empty nest" syndrome. I guess I will have to continue getting my baby fix from everyone else's babies. I came home from the shower telling Pete how I wanted another one. He looked at me like I was insane-o and then reminded me.. they soon turn 18.

6 comments:

hsmomma said...

I think it definitely has something to do with your kids growing up. With five, I have always said NO WAY on any more, but the past several months (I think since my oldest turned 16) I have been thinking more and more about it. Not necessarily WANTING one, but finding myself thinking that if it happened I wouldn't be so upset. My husband, on the other hand, gives me that same look Pete is giving you!

Anonymous said...

I never get my fix - for me I can NEVER get enough of sniffing their sweet smell and holding them close. Everyone who sees my Sammo says "Oh, he's no baby anymore" and I agree and then I wanna cry... We're still in 'negotiations' here!!! My arms have not had their fill...

Rae said...

At playgroup this week I grabbed a new baby and was trying to get my fix. JK is 2 1/2 and I'm trying to fight that baby urge!!!!

April said...

Yes, you and I are both going to suffer from "empty nest syndrome" all too soon, I'm afraid. I try to look on the positive side of it...lesser laundry, no worries about curfews being met, no messy rooms, etc. OK, now I'm getting sad, again!! Who are we kidding? We are going to be lost when our kids leave and are on their own! We will survive, though, just like generations before us. Right??

One thing that keeps me motivated is anticipating grand babies to spoil in the future...the far-off future!! I can hardly wait and I definitely plan to be the favortie grandma!! :) All babies are too sweet!!

Liz Harrell said...

They do smell good, dont they? :)

Unknown said...

I love the little blanket!! Babies are so wonderful...I cant get enough of my friends baby...I love when I get to see new pics because they live 2 hours from us!! Your new halloween background is adorable!