Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A List (or Two)

1. Look what I did yesterday!!!

And I didn't do it with that stick I'm holding, but I'm old and my jeans were tight so I was grasping at whatever I could find to hold me up when I squatted down. lol.

2. Several of you have expressed interest in my Miracle Whip cake recipe, so just in time for the holidays...here you go. Let me know if you try it and what you think!!!

In large mixing bowl:
1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
1 cup water
1 cup sugar (I use a tad over a cup)
1 t. vanilla

Sift together separately:
2 cups flour
4 T. cocoa
1/2 t. salt
2 t. soda
Add sifted ingredients a little at a time to other mixture. Beat until smooth. I bake in a bundt pan at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes depending on your oven.

After cake cools, I use this little recipe for the icing.
1/3 stick cream cheese
2 T. stick butter
1/2 t. vanilla
Cream till fluffy. Add powdered sugar until you get it to the consistency you want. adding a little milk gradually. (A teaspoon or so at a time). Ice. YUMMY!

3. Angie awarded me with this today...

Thank you Angie!! You are supposed to list 5 things you love so here is another list.

1. I love chocolate milk. I know I've told you this before I'm sure, but I just can't live without it. I try and try, but I CAN'T DO IT!

2. I love Chili's chips and salsa. It is cheap and I can eat it until I am sick!..and I think I will have that tonight since I'm headed out shortly to buy groceries.

3. I love my camera. I hardly ever leave home without it. I wanted to take a picture of it...but hmmm....I couldn't quite figure that one out!

4. I love my heater. It goes everywhere I go especially in the winter time. Pete likes the house cool. I like it warm (80 is just fine..REALLY). So, when Pete's home, Mr. Heater and I are always together!

5. I love this hand blender. My mom introduced me to this several years back. I have issues with chunky stuff like big tomatoes in my chili, soup or cheese dip, etc. This works great to blend it up a little. Works perfect for me!! (Hey, shouldn't that be on a 'Works for me Wednesday post?') ha.


I am lovin' so many of your blogs, it's always hard to pick. It's a busy time of year, so I'm not going to obligate any of you. If you are on my "stalk list" (or not)....Consider yourself tagged!!

6 comments:

hsmomma said...

I have one of those hand blenders and they do come in so handy. I usually use mine the most when I am canning tomatoes in the summer.

Nice "catch", by the way!

Anonymous said...

Can't comment on the top topic - might cry... Suffice it to say that you are one tough cookie...

I HAVE to make that cake!!! I just love that it has mayo in it - I think it's a scream... Sammo wants mayo in everything!!! So, he can just go ahead and have it in a cake... classic!

I'll be doing a "love" list too, and will be mentioning my camera! I'll be forever grateful that God blessed people with skills to make doodads like cameras...

Hope you're having a wonderful day... Blessings.

April said...

Please tell me you didn't shoot little Bambie??? I can't take it, I tell you...boo, hoo, hoo!!! Needless to say...my hubby would be so impressed! :)

Thank you so much for posting your Mayo. Cake recipe!!! I am definitely making it next week for Thanksgiving! Can't wait to sink my choppers into it! Hee hee!

Loved your list, by the way!

Shannon said...

I know, I know, I'm such a bad blogger!! :) I come by every day (or when you update, since you are on my bloglines) but I'm bad about comments! My computer is REALLY slow so a lot of times it won't even open the comment box but I try! :)

I LOVE Chili's too!

Mom of these kids said...

You could take a picture of your camera in the mirror!?!

Congrats on the deer. I have never been hunting myself, but I know a lot of my friends that have been excited about getting them some deer too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your deer! So strange that just a few years ago someone was complaining about having to go deer hunting with her hubby. Wow!! ;)