Monday, November 17, 2008

This is what happens...

when you attempt to leave your Halloween pumpkin out as decor up until Thanksgiving. It's a good thing I looked out my front door this morning and saw this or I might have my own set of maggot stories to tell.

It is a beautiful Monday here in Arkansas today. The sun is shining and it is a pleasant 71 degrees outside. I lit my spice candle and opened my french door to enjoy what might be one last glimpse of fall.

The kids are at school, but Pete and I are home. A friend of ours is coming over to join Pete in the man cave to load some bullets. Did I ever tell you how much into guns and ammo Pete is? That is why I chose Pistol Pete as his blog name. It was ever so fitting. I have to watch my step around him, ha...

I thought I might make another Mayonaise cake because Matt has commented on how much he loves it. The first glitch was that all I had in the fridge was real mayo...and the recipe calls for Miracle Whip. It's pretty much the same, isn't it? So I went ahead and used it. Then I discovered all I had in the pantry was 1 cup of flour instead of 2, so after I jetted up to our little store and discovered all they had was self-rising instead of all purpose, I decided it wasn't meant to be.

HOWEVER, Matt brought me some flour when he got here, so I am off to finish the cake.

I hope everyone has a great week.

6 comments:

hsmomma said...

Hmmpph.....[pouting], at least you still HAD your pumpkin to leave out until Thanksgiving..... :(

April said...

Ooooo...what a mess that pumpkin is??? Yuck! Bet it didn't smell too great, huh? Hey, that reminds me...I better go check on mine! ;)

You really must share the recipe for your Mayo. Cake...inquiring minds want to know!!

Rae said...

Oops, so much for that pumpkin lasting until next week! Is that mold in the pumpkin? Ewwwwww! :)

I saw on FB you were making a cake. I love being able to keep tabs on you there and here!

beth said...

oohh gross. (Favorite high school term)

Anonymous said...

"Man Cave" was a term invented by the HGTV network. Find out the real deal at www.themantuary.com

Be A Man.

- The Founding Father

Anonymous said...

That is rather putrid! I take it you mostly exit the house from your back door, Luv! Don't worry, at least it's not inside at the back of the fridge...