Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Long Overdue

I received a real life gift, several awards, memes and tags during the month of October, but it seemed as though the last few days of October and the first ones of November have been full of semi-interesting things to blog about. Some good, some not so good, but nevertheless, in my opinion, post-worthy.

However, I feel like such a bad bloggy friend for not acknowledging my wonderful award givers sooner than this. So, without further adieu, I am giving big hugs to the following people:

Naomi sent me this sweet, thoughtful package of scrapbooking goodies all the way from Australia. Inside I found some butterfly stickers, a memo pad with koala bears on it, a pouch with girly ribbons, flowers, etc. inside, and a precious rub on quote that said " Children and mothers never truly part, bound in the beating of each other's heart." That meant so much to me. She said that she had to pick this up after reading all about my empty nest syndrome..lol..

Heidi bestowed upon me the "Best Blogging Friend" award. Thanks Heidi!! Ditto to you girl!

Tonda gave me the "I love your Blog" award, and the "Kreativ Blogger" award. Thank you much, Tonda. I'm so glad you started blogging...(although you don't post often enough..hint, hint.)

April awarded me not only a "Kreativ Blogger" award, but a "Real Life" award. My blog is definitely about real life. Pretty much as real as you can get...lol. In fact there seems to be so much drama in my life I have no need to add anything extra! (grin)

I was tagged by Angie with that crazy book tag...soooo, even though I'm cheating a little, this is what I've got. The book is called "Boundaries with Teens". Great book. (From what few chapters I started reading) Page 56 had some boring content, so I moved on over to page 57 and the first full paragraph of that page says this: My friend was talking about rescuing teens from experiencing their consequences. Parents who rescue their adolescents often do so out of guilt. They already feel bad about their kid's situation, and often feel partially responsible that their child doesn't have two parents in the home. (This chapter was mainly talking about single parenting). I'm not even a single parent (anymore), but wow, do I do this! Ok, Ang...good enough???

Aubs also tagged me with a "mommy and me" meme, which I really do want to do. I am going to wait a little while longer on that one though. I still need to think about my answers, and find a good picture of me and my kids.

And....last but not least, with the "Kreativ Blogger" award comes a list of 6 things that make me happy so here is my list:

1. Blogging. This has become very therapeutic for me. I love being able to just let it all out and then having such faithful readers comment with advice or just a supporting word. I love you guys.

2. A clean house. Something about being organized with everything in it's appropriate place that makes me feel like I've got it all together...(even though I don't. I can think it anyway, huh?)

3. Sour gummi worms and fruity flavors of gum. My best friend knows not to ask me for gum, because I am sure to offer her some weird flavor of bannana strawberry with a little dash of watermelon or something like that.

4. A completed scrapbook page. I love this hobby. It rocks!

5. Cheering Big Dan on in whatever he is playing at the time. I am totally his BIGGEST fan and I have NEVER missed a single game in all the years he has played in any sport he has played.

6. Snuggling with Little Ann. She is 100% my snuggle bunny. She sleeps with me every night that Pete isn't home, and if he is home, I lie down with her in her bed until she falls asleep. These times are so special to me because with Big Dan being 18, I realize how fast the years get away.

(((((BIG HUGS))))) to all of you!!! I hope I haven't forgotten anything!

8 comments:

hsmomma said...

I'm so PROUD of you!!! Now finish the book--just so you can say you did it!!! [wink, wink!]

Oh, and Sour Gummy Worms rock!!!!

April said...

WOW! You did have a lot of catching up to do!!! Congrats on all of your awards!!!

I love the sweet package you got from Naomi. She's a "keeper", isn't she? So thoughtful.

I really enjoyed reading all of your answers to the various questions. I know what you mean about your daughter being a "snuggle bunny". Abby is the same way and I relish in each and every moment. We both know that all too soon, those moments will come to an end.

Have a good one, my friend! :)

Anonymous said...

It was funny to see my little parcel on the screen... Isn't mail a hoot. Wish we could travel just as inexpensively as mail. I'd be popping myself in a little baggy pouch and making regular trips around the world... Blogging will do for now, but, I'd so love to have a scrappin' session with you!:) Hope you're having a lovely day.

Carrie said...

Thanks Scrapper Mom!! You are TOO sweet!! First, your comment about my "boo boo". Then to come over here and see my name on your "Blogs That I Stalk" list...I am SOOOOO excited!! I think that is a first for me!! You made me day!!

sobeatandsobattered said...

Clean, unselfish love does not live on what it gets but on what it gives. It increases by pouring itself out for others, grows by self-sacrifice and becomes mighty by throwing itself away.-thomas merton

Those that are loved by you are the truely lucky ones...

Rae said...

Such wonderful goodness! Congratulations!!!

His Girl said...

what a bunch of merriment! congrats!

Shannon said...

Congrats on all your awards! They are all well deserved!