Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stuffed

Are you as full as I am?

Today the fam and I headed out for our yearly Thanksgiving feast. We don't see Pete's family very often throughout the year because everyone is so dispersed throughout the state. It is very hard for everyone to break free from life and get together. Because we see my family frequently, we have always done Thanksgiving and Christmas Day with Pete's side. My family always gets together for Christmas Eve and sometimes a Thanksgiving meal on a Sunday close to Thanksgiving. Not always. It works and everybody's happy.

Anyway, today we drove all the way into Texas. Pete's aunt lives on the Texas side of Texarkana actually, but telling the kids we were going to Texas for Thanksgiving got them excited so that's what we said. We were on the road about 3 hours there and 3 hours back so I am tired, but we had a good day. It's always nice to eat foods we deprive ourselves of all year while catching up on life and a football game. And I was so happy that Big Dan was with the family today enjoying himself and people he hadn't seen in a long time. And believe it or not, I totally enjoyed that 3 hour drive home listening to him sing off key all the way.

I brought my camera in, but forgot to get it out until right as everyone was about to leave. This is about the only good picture I got all day. This is Little Ann (in the hat) and my niece. (Pete's sister's little girl)

So...who's going shopping tomorrow? Not me. I love to shop...don't get me wrong, but this chick would much rather pay full price than fight those crowds! Good luck finding those bargains though!

Well, Thanksgiving is just about over. I know this is extremely juvenile, but you know.....I have been told I was a little on the nutty side before so why not. This video is the epitome of stupid, but for some reason it just makes me laugh! Hope everyone had a great day.

Oh yeah! Note to self: Next vehicle most definitely will have dual thermostat controls!

Enjoy!




10 comments:

His Girl said...

glad you had a good thanksgiving!

blessings, friend!

Anonymous said...

I had to read your post once I clicked on the comments!!! It wouldn't show up properly on your page... anyhoo, glad you had a good day, and that your boy spent it with you - precious!

Laurin Pearce said...

I'm glad that you had a great Thanksgiving!!! I agree with you on the dual air controls! I get chilly!! I usually bring a blanket when traveling long distances!

April said...

So glad your Thanksgiving was a good one! I'm even happier that you were able to enjoy some time with your son! Yay!!! Relish in the moments, girl, as we both know too well.

I went out for awhile with my mother-in-law and girls today to try to do some shopping, but it was so crazy! We wanted no part of it and came home empty-handed. Just too many people to suit me.

*hugs*

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving...err after Thanksgiving!! Any holiday scrapping coming up?

Unknown said...

PS...I'm working on the pre-wedding scrapbook and I am loving it! Scrapbooking is so relaxing!

Sissy said...

Thanksgiving was great here, too, and then we dragged ourselves out early to grab some deals on Black Friday.

Shell in your Pocket said...

So funny!!! I love it!!! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving..can't believe it is over!
-sandy toes

Leigh Ann said...

Yes, I am STILL full! ha!

Glad you had a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

Kim Hancock said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day & some special time with your son. Thanks for sharing the video!