Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful Thoughts

I thought long and hard about adding this song to my profile as background music during the month of November, but I know how distracting music is to me, so I chose to save it for this particular post. I was first introduced to this song when I was in college. Our MBSF choir sang it and I immediately fell in love with it. It is very fitting for Thanksgiving and I hope you will take the time to listen and meditate.



Now, with that being said, I just wanted to take a moment to share a few things I am thankful for.

First and foremost, I am so thankful for my God. I'm so unworthy and for some reason He just keeps blessing me and blessing me.

I am so very thankful for my parents. They are such wonderful people. Tonight when I went to pick up Little Ann, my dad had sent home with her the homemade butter they had churned together from his fresh cow milk. FRESH COW MILK, people. I mean, really, how many of us can say we have actually made butter with our papaw. That is some kind of memory to make and I am so thankful for those times my parents share with my kids. And my mom....well, you can read all about her here, but I must say, she sent home with me tonight 2 new monogrammed hand towels (because she said the other one hanging was worn out...lol...she notices stuff when she comes to my house) AND get this. I had been in our capital city again today with a broken laptop and she knew I was going to be behind on my cooking for tomorrow's get together with Pete's family . She got my pie started and sent it home with me!! What a mom.

I am so thankful for my friends. My past and present. I love them all and am so very thankful for them. Just yesterday I reunited with my first and only college roommate.

We had a delicious lunch and spent a lot of time talking and laughing about old times. She taught me well how to sow my wild oats...lol. (and I told her I was giving her that credit). I'm glad we were able to spend this time together and I hope we can do it again.

I am so thankful for my family. My children are blessings from Heaven and I couldn't love them more (even when I don't feel the love back). I think my heart will just explode sometimes with the love I have for them. And my husband. He is such a good man. He puts up with so much out of me. I know he loves me even when I am constantly complaining, turning the air up to 80, habitually late, forgetting where I left my head, too afraid to leave my comfort zone, leaving my flat iron on for the entire day, showing my blond roots by some insane comment that makes no sense to him, burning him up because I have my electric blanket on in July, and even when he spends days searching for socks that really should be in his drawer. What can I say. Gotta love me!

And I could go on and on. God has been good to me even though I don't deserve it. I am just a simple girl living my simple life, undeserving.

Most wonderful wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was lovely to read... Hope you have a happy weekend with your family. Blessings, N x

His Girl said...

happy, happy thanksgiving to you, friend!

reading about your blessings was a blessing to me, too!

April said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, too!!!!