Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby News! One More Progress Update!

Although my friend, Chickadee and I are the same age, she is much braver (or crazier) than I. For this post is not about MY baby news....(I think I would just have to committ myself), but about hers. Because not only is she my dear friend and the one who introduced me into this world of "blog", but I know we have several of the same readers, so I thought I would keep you updated on her behalf today.
**********************************************************
Update 5: 10:55 - I just got word that sadly, but for the best, she is going to have to resort to a cesarean section. I am assuming they are doing that right now. Not sure because they aren't letting any visitors back. Clark came out to inform family who are waiting. I hate that for her especially after 3 the other way, but she is so tired. One good thing is that she can now say she has experienced both. Please say a prayer for them tonight.

Update 4: The latest update I have just gotten is from another one of my friends who is waiting. It is 9:25 and the doctor has gone to deliver another baby as Chickadee is resting from all her hard work at the moment. No baby yet. Keep your fingers crossed...I voted for the 19th!! I'm almost there! (no, really, I wouldn't wish another 2 1/2 hours of pushing on her for any amount on a Target gift card!)

Update 3: I just got in and called Clark to check on Chickadee. He says she is in some pain, but fully dialated and ready to push. It is around 7:00 right now and the doctor is on his way. Clark seems calm. I could hear the TV in the background and he informed me he was watching an episode of Seinfield. Isn't that just like a man. This is number 4 so I guess he's used to the birthing process. I will let you know when the sweet one arrives!

Update 2: It's 2:15 and I just checked in with Chickadee and although she hasn't seen the doctor all day, the nurse has come in and determined that she has dialated to a 4. I'll be out for a while, but plan on checking back in when I get home later.

Update 1: It is around 11:20 this Thursday morning. She told us that she had to be at the hospital at 5:00 am this morning for her induction because she obviously did not go on her own. I just spoke with Clark and he informed me that she hasn't had any change since starting on the med's this morning about 8:00. I will report again soon!!

9 comments:

hsmomma said...

Thank you for keeping us updated--I was trusting that you would! I am going to let our homeschool group know also so that they will be praying for her!

cmbbyrd said...

Thanks for the update. I was hoping you might update. I hope things speed up for her!

April said...

Oh, I hope all goes well for Chickadee and the baby! Like you, I think I'd go off the deep end if I found out I was expecting! I know that Brittany would probably die from embarrassment! :)

Sandy said...

Thank you for the updates. I was literally going through her blogroll to see if anyone had heard from her. Why do I feel like I should be there with presents and flowers? She's never even met me!

cmbbyrd said...

Bless her heart - I sure hope she comes soon. I'm at my parents' house now. Thanks for the updates.

hsmomma said...

Good grief--this is one stubborn little girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Goodness! I'm half way round the world, but my thoughts - when they're free from the dealings of five boys - have kept going back to C'dee, and hoping that all is well. So, I've come in on the scene at 'update five'... I'll look in on you later... thanks for keeping us posted. x

Mom of these kids said...

Thanks for posting this....How are they doing now???

Mom of these kids said...

Oh, just missed your update...I followed this linked from A Joyful Chaos, and didn't see the above post!