Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not a Good Past 24 Hours

Just so ya know, I'm fresh out of interesting stuff right now. And unfortunately the things happening around here lately, trust me, you would NOT want pictures of. It seems there has been a little bug going around in Scrapper Mom's household. Big Dan came in from work last night saying he didn't feel good, and it was only a few hours later that he came and got me out of bed (3:45 am to be exact) asking for assistance. It all happened so quickly he couldn't even get out of the bed fast enough. I felt really sorry for him and he kept apologizing and apologizing to me. I felt sorry for me too, because I spent the next 2 hours cleaning carpet and changing bed linens. I would rather do ANYTHING than deal with puke.

As I woke Little Ann up for church this morning, lo and behold she complained of a tummy ache. We opted out of spreading our germs and like any good mommy would do, I went into the kitchen and began concocting my own version of homemade chicken noodle soup for everyone's lunch.

Just a couple more hours into the afternoon became migraine city for me. So I laid down for about an hour with my bed buddy (love it) and after several doses of medicine finally gained enough relief and energy to get one Christmas tree down.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring everyone back to their health as the kiddos are headed back to school and Christmas break is over. I can say, I'm sad because I've enjoyed having Little Ann home with me, and the times Big Dan and I have spent on the Wii late at night when he gets in from work. I am savoring these moments now that I have let reality set in. One more semester of high school....oh, I don't even want to think about it. I will however, be happy to get my room back to order removing all American girl dolls and deflating the air mattress Little Ann has called her own for the last week.

And sorry about The Bachelor ad on my sidebar. I didn't realize that it came on with live video until Pete told me how annoying that was. I will remove it right now, but don't miss the premeir tomorrow night!!

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

6 comments:

April said...

Oh, how awful that you're kiddos have come down with the nasty stomach bug! I feel for you, too, because that's something I don't handle well...having to clean up after someone has gotten sick. That's why I'd never make a good nurse. It's just almost more than I can handle. Guess I have a weak stomach. Hope they're both feeling much better soon and that you and your hubby are able to avoid getting sick yourselves.

I can really understand your feelings of sadness about Big Dan heading back to school. Isn't it hard not to focus on the time you have left to spend with him? Even though Brittany doesn't graduate until May of 2010, I think about it a lot and the few chances I have left to be with her. It is SO hard! I'm not sure they realize the emotions we're going through. Will Big Dan be attending a college nearby? Thankfully, we'll still have our little girls around. I'm sure that Abby will help me a lot with the transition of Brittany leaving the nest, but all too soon, she'll be leaving, too. I sure never thought about all of this when I became a mom! I guess we'll get through it!

I'll say a prayer for your kids' speeding recovery...hang-in-there!

April said...

Hey,

I just noticed that you have Bro. Martin on your blogroll. Did you know that he's my cousin? Yep, his dad and my dad were brothers. Small world, huh? He's a wonderful person!

Melissa Stover said...

i wondered where ya'll were. i made it to church.

Femin Susan said...

How awesome! Thanks for sharing!
may god bless you !

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh...I had a sick child last night..no fun...she had two bowls but didn't make it! UGH! My poor baby girl!

Hope your "baby" feels better really soon!
-sandy toes

Sissy said...

I hate getting a migraine, cause half the time the medicine makes me sicker than the actual headache!