Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The (Definitely Not) Ugly

I guess this will be a hodge podge post, because I've got several things tossing to and fro in my brain just awaiting to get out. Here's some good:

Tonight my parent's came over for dinner and to return my little lost orphan (that I missed tremendously by the way)...not that I didn't enjoy my time alone, but 2 full days became almost more than I could bear. After our meal, I challenged my dad in a game of Wii bowling. It was too funny. I guess you would just have to know my sweet little daddy. I won't use the terms "he doesn't get out much", because that's the farthest thing from the truth. As a matter of fact, he is always on the go, but it's always to drink coffee at the nearest coffee shop, to a cow sale, or to buy an old junk car somewhere. That is the life for him and he loves every minute of it. So to see him playing video games was quite comical. Oh, and for those who I know will notice my Christmas tree is still up...I'm working on it. Really, I am, but I refused to do it when I had my weekend to myself, ya know?

Before long, we had talked my mom into joining in the fun. She admitted she had never been bowling before in real life. She held her own..actually leading on my dad for several frames, but he ended up getting 2 strikes in the 10th frame for a tie. It was probably for the best. It'll keep peace tonight. haha.

Some more good I don't think I've shared with you:
Last Sunday and Monday, Little Ann and I traveled up to visit our besties again a few hours away. Our mutual friend from China was also in visiting and brought his girlfriend for us to meet. I mentioned how he was their exchange student several years ago here. They are currently living in Boston.

We had a great time exchanging some gifts and catching up with each other. We watched "The Bucket List" and did some shopping. My friendgirl was very disappointed in my shopping though. Christmas had wore me out and I just didn't have much energy for shopping at all. I tried to hang, really, I did, and was good until my high heeled boots had gotten the best of me. (I know what you're thinking....self-inflicted).

The Bad:

Even though this happened the day after Christmas, I've chosen not to bring it to the blog yet. There were so many other happy subjects to blog about like presents and babies and New Year's resolutions. Besides, I can't say this has been the most popular thing for discussion in the house lately. In fact, it made for a pretty crappy "post Christmas" weekend.

Yes, this is Big Dan's car and once again, it wasn't his fault. Some guy in his senior class rear ended him last Friday when they went to hit in the batting cages. If I got my story right, it had something to do with a pretty girl driving by and a certain senior with his head somewhere it shouldn't be. Big Dan just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time (yeah, like in front of him). Yet again, all I can say is...this poor car. This poor boy. Oh yeah, and I almost forgot to even mention that Santa brought him a brand new spoiler for this car that we can't even put on now until it gets out of the shop again. Poor, poor boy or rather poor momma. Anybody got any xanax?

Ok, enough about the bad...let's get down to the definitely NOT ugly:
If you noticed my blog change, surely you've noticed by now that with that change, I added a little Jason to my sidebar. I can't hardly wait until the new season of "The Bachelor". It premiers Monday night. Like, as in, day after tomorrow's Monday! One thing I have noticed from watching little snippits so far (besides how sweet and adorable Jason is), and it really makes me wonder..what exactly is up with the mucho boobage on these girls? I mean, seriously?

Put them away, please.

Anyway, I will definitely be watching, and looking forward to those bloggers who will join hands with me in comparing notes! lol. I am also hyped up for the new season of "The Biggest Loser" which begins Tuesday night, and I guess I'm going to have to watch "Momma's Boys" online, because I'm thinking it will be on the same time as "The Bachelor". Help Me!! Too much reality TV!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

The good, the bad and the (definitely not)ugly was the perfect title to this post.

Becuase it surely looked like bowling with you parents was a good time.

And poor Big Dan...that poor kid isn't having any luck with that car is he?!?!? (the bad)

And The Bachelor....oh, SOOOO denitely NOT the ugly!!

LOL!!

BTW, that for coming by and giving the "pick me up" I definitley needed it. I was having a total woe is me moment!!

Hope the rest of your weekend is "the good"!! ~ Carrie

Unknown said...

Thats so cute about your parents playing Wii bowling! Has your mom really never been bowling in real life? We still have our tree up too!

Shannon said...

I can't wait for the Bachelor either! :)

April said...

Don't you just love the Wii? Remember, I will take you down anytime, missy, in a game of bowling. I AM the QUEEN! Sure looks like your mom and dad were getting into it! :)

So sorry to see what happened to Big Dan's car. That is one major bummer! It can happen to anyone. Would you believe that Chris' damage to his company vehicle totaled $14,000? So, trust me, things could be WAY worse!

I can't wait until "The Bachelor" comes on. I am a faithful follower and won't miss an episode. Woo hoo!