Friday, January 9, 2009

Separation and a few Tears

I wish I could say I was better today, but although I made a little physical progress, mentally, I'm still down. I don't want to blame it completely on PMS because I've been feeling muddled for a few weeks now. And I know all the reasons I give are just so trivial compared to the things so many others are dealing with. I should be ashamed for letting myself get to this point, but wow, sometimes, I just don't know what to do with all these emotions.

Everyone...can you say "Congratulations, Scrapper Mom"! I finally got all of Christmas out of the house and my living room back in order. I must say that made me smile briefly.

Sometimes the reality of the way things are versus the way things were just a short time ago hits me. Tonight the family was separated and it makes me sad thinking that this is going to be pretty much the norm from here on out.

After Pete had to basically force me out of the house to be social tonight...(for some reason he thought I needed to attend our monthly ladies bible study...can't imagine why), he decided since he was off, he and Little Ann would grab some Chinese and a movie. Big Dan, of course, had gone to the home basketball game.

This is where the tears come in. After my meeting, Pete called to see if I wanted to meet them in town. I needed to buy a Birthday gift for a party tomorrow. Little Ann got on the phone just a boo hooing. They had gone to see "Marly and Me". And I quote...."You can rent it when it comes out, but I never want to see that movie again!" And she's quite serious I believe. I had to explain that it was just a movie and that Marly didn't really die (oops, sorry for the spoiler). I haven't seen it yet and it got spoiled for me too. She was so ready to get home and see her pups and of course, her own sweet Marly...aka Dixie Doo.

And I don't care how depressed you feel, if this doesn't make you smile, then what else could?

Rock a bye puppy, in the tree top. Have a great weekend, ya'll.

5 comments:

April said...

That's one reason I opted never to allow my dogs to have puppies...I wouldn't be able to let them go! My heart would break in a million little pieces! That picture is precious! I hope Little Ann doesn't have a super hard time giving the puppies away...though I know she will. You really must go see "Marley and Me"...you will boo-hoo like nobody's business!

I know what you mean about things in your family never being the same, again. Brittany ALWAYS has something going on and is rarely home. She left just a second ago to go running with her boyfriend and is going ice skating with her bestie this afternoon. Chris is off to the gym and will run when he gets home. It's like this all the time and it does make you sad.

I'm here for you, my friend! Hope today gives you reason to SMILE!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poop! The picture you had at the bottom of your post wasn't visible for me... I'll some back to see it later, hopefully. I'm sorry you're still feeling blue... Hugs, N x

a boy a girl and a pug said...

I think I'm going to have to wait and see it when it comes out on video. I'd be a miss. That puppy pic melts my heart. Hope you are having a wonderful day today. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on tonight's bachelor

Shannon said...

CUTE picture! Marley and Me was sad... :(

His Girl said...

Congratulations Scrapper Mom!

And yah, Marley and Me messed.me.up. too many tears for this girl. torture.

It's so cool watching your kids grow up to me- gives me a little insight (and frankly, warning) about what's just around the corner for me.