Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Blue...da ba dee, da ba die

Anybody think I'm crazy? Don't answer that.

I know my title is kind of wacky. I'm just feeling a little blue and this stupid song just popped in my head.

And you're probably wondering why it's Wednesday and I haven't blogged about my reality TV. I even got a comment from my friend asking me why I haven't written about The Bachelor's season premier. Well, let me do that right now and then I'll tell you why I'm bummed out.

If you are my facebook friend, you knew that my ABC channel wasn't cooperating the night of the premier. I was so frustrated because I couldn't watch, but I did get to watch Momma's Boys because it is on sister channel NBC which actually does work. I am so appalled by JoJo's mom and all her quirks, but then I can totally see myself doing something so stalkish like getting in a helicopter and spying on Big Dan while he's making out in a hot tub. Letting your baby boys grow up and detach from us momma's is so hard. This is my first one, but I almost feel it will be easier with my girl. My heart went out to her when she saw her son doing the ultimate no no in her opinion because so many times I see the big picture when Big Dan doesn't, and no amount of talking can get through his thick teenage skull. I know she only wants what's best for JoJo even though she has a very tacky way of showing it.

I did finally get to watch The Bachelor online Tuesday. It was great. I don't have a lot to say about it right now other than I think he did a good job narrowing it down the first time. There were a couple of girls that were nutso in my opinion. Those previews of Deanna. OMG! What is up with that? I can't wait til next Monday!!

Last night we skipped out on the last few minutes of Girl Scouts (I know I'm a bad, bad mommy) to get home for the season premier of The Biggest Loser. Well, that and the fact that Little Ann had just taken Benadryl. Too many puppies around for a little girl with allergies...especially one that just can't keep her hands off of them. The show was super, but I wish they wouldn't have sent those 9 people home after the first week. Getting them motivated to work alone is good in theory, but maybe a little further down the road when they've built their confidence. I'm pumped for that one too! Could you believe that 460 something pound dude? Oh. My. He'll do great because he seems really motivated and you know the more you have to lose the easier it comes off.

Sorry I didn't link into any of these shows tonight. I didn't have the energy. If you would like to visit any of them, you can go here and I think I had linked to all of the shows italicized.

I got news today that Pete may have to move from where he currently stands at work to a different position. It's not that detrimental for us right now financially, but it will require some changes on both our parts. Not only that, but it's a little scary because I don't like change for one... and to me, this is only the first step in another negative direction. This economy is getting scary.

Which leads me to why I'm blue.

Broken promises to myself.
Defiant children.
Jeans that are too tight.
Pimples.
And...
I just figured up what I owe versus what I have and it aint purty, people. So, I guess dish network will continue to be a dream until I can see a light at this long, dark tunnel. I volunteered to get a different job other than substitute teaching, but he doesn't want me to just yet.

I think I'm going to visit Dave Ramsey.

8 comments:

April said...

Blue, happy, sad, worried...you know where to find us...and we care! You put your heart out there and I really admire you for that!

Times are tough right now for everyone, so I completely understand your concern. You just have to trust and believe that God will take you in the right direction for your family and know that things WILL work out for the good. That was a hard lesson for me when Chris lost his job and we were faced with many changes, but, praise be, God didn't let us down!
I'll be thinking of and praying for you and your family!

Would you believe that I missed the last several minutes of "The Bachelor" the other night? I didn't realize that Deana made an appearance! I will definitely be tuning in next week! That kid on "The Biggest Loser" is going to look amazing at the end of the show...mark my word!

Love ya, girl, and always remember..."there's a light at the end of this tunnel for you!"

hsmomma said...

[sigh]....we are too much alike for too people unrelated and that have never met. Kind of weird really.

I am all broke out too--is it a red head thing? I hoped to be out of puberty by this point in my life.

I am trying to get on track financially too. We did better last year, but I want to whip it on into shape this year.

I finally got to watch Momma's Boys for the first time this week. Hubby concurred that I am TOTALLY like JoJo's mom. And I am ok with that! LOL

Shell in your Pocket said...

I have that song on my ipod...I don't know why but it does get me going on the treadmill!

Wishing you a brighter tomorrow!
-sandy toe

Melissa Stover said...

you'll love dave ramsey.
at least you can watch on the internet.

Robyn said...

Okay, I can't believe we have now connected through blog world!!! First fb, now blogs! I saw a comment of yours on a blog I read (life @ 7000ft) and thought "I know her". Then I saw where you have a blog. Anyway, I have one too. Nothing inspirational or really informative. Just a scrapbook for me since I am SO behind in the "real scrapbooking".

Rae said...

Hope you're feeling better today! I know I am a bit....unless I start thinking too hard about the issues that are bothering me. Happy thoughts, HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better now. Glad God's got hold of us, hey?! Big hugs to you... and, NO!, the break-out thing is not reserved for red-heads!!!;)

Kim Hancock said...

I'm right there with you. I have been in a funk and can't seem to shake it. Between family (that live outside of my four walls), finances, and state of our world... ugh!!!

I feel bitter. My husband and I both work very hard so that we can support our family and pay our bills. A local family, friends of a friend, have been living in their home (which is in foreclosure) for over a year without paying one single cent. She doesn't work (not because she isn't able) and he is just an idiot that has had tons of jobs (but none of them are "good" enough for him). It just makes me angry that people get away with this. They should be paying something... not out shopping! I swear... if Curtis and I tried something like that... they would burry us under some jail in Tijuana, Mexico.

My husband's Nana (86 yrs old) had a reaction to some medication she is on and had severe hallucinations. She has refused to go to the doctor and her stubbornness is testing my patience.

My father-n-law had a heart cath today. It didn't go anything like we thought and... he'll be having a quadruple bypass on Monday!

I believe better days are just around the corner... for both of us... all of us!!!