Friday, February 13, 2009

Bittersweet Goodbyes

I'm keen on that psycological stuff, ya know, so when I posted flyers that said puppies for sale, I made sure I labeled them "VALENTINE puppies for sale". Luckily they are weaned and my ploy seems to be working as several have gone bu bye this week as gifts just for that very occasion.

It's been hard to see each one go, as Little Ann and I have become somewhat attached to each one individually. I let my favorite little black fur ball go just as I was heading out the door to church on Wednesday night and I didn't even get adequate enough time to say my goodbyes, let alone a picture. But not yesterday. When I got the call that the buyer was on his way, Marley was taken straight to the sink for a bath, a Valentine bow, and a photo session.

Now, if this isn't just the best Valentine's day gift ever!!!

We were down to 4 little black ones and our special little pink nosed goldie that Little Ann had named "Buddy" after Air Bud. He has such a sweet little personality, and is just as cute as can be and I must admit, if he didn't sell, I was very much contemplating keeping him around. Didn't happen. Got a call tonight and I must say goodbyes didn't go as easy with him as with previous sales.

After his bath, he had to endure snuggles and lots of tears as we awaited on his new owner to arrive. It just about broke my heart for Little Ann. She and Buddy have gotten pretty tight.

It was almost more than I could bear to see those red, puffy eyes and crocodile tears flowing down her cheeks.

This was not an easy thing to do, and it seems the longer we have them around, the harder it gets. The consolation was that Buddy was going to make another little girl very, very happy...yeah, that and an early Valentine present for Little Ann (a stuffed puppy who made everything all better).

13 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

that one on the step makes ME want one!

Carrie said...

Awwww...my heart is breaking for little Ann(and her Mama)!!

I am sure it has to be so hard to say goodbye to those cute little things!!

And the red bows...couldn't be sweeter!!

Carrie♥

Aubs said...

Awww...oh my goodness. They are pretty cute and i always say i'd have one if only they didn't grow up!! Goodbyes are always hard for me in any capacity. =( Hope ya'll have a fabulous valentines day!

Twice as Nice said...

Oh, so, so cute!! Must be so hard. And with the red bows...how could someone say no to those faces. But, to know they are going to loving homes is a heart warmer.

Rae said...

Such adorable puppies....but I still do NOT want one! :) Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!

Shannon said...

That pic of the steps is almost making even me want one! :) Happy Valentine's Day!

beth said...

Nothing's better than puppies. It would be hard to each one go!

Kim Hancock said...

Oh no... that would have broken my heart.

Leigh Ann said...

they are sooooo cute!

His Girl said...

oh! my heart! my heart!

hsmomma said...

Ok, I tried to comment but it didn't work for some reason.

The one on the steps is so PRECIOUS!

I still remember giving away the kitten I was so attached to from a litter our cat had before we had any kids. I cried and I was grown!!

April said...

I couldn't bear to let those sweet creatures go! They are PRECIOUS!!! I really feel for Little Ann...she looks like the perfect "mommy".

Are you ready for "The Bachelor" tonight???

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness! I would have cried buckets!!! They are the cutest ever... The little one on the step is adorable, but the one Lil Ann is cuddling got me right at the heart!