Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Birthday Pictures

Yesterday was Pete's 40th birthday. It doesn't even seem possible that we are this old. Although I have at least another year and a half in the 30's, I know that 40 is just around the corner for me too. I let 30 bother me so much, but the rest of the numbers haven't seemed to be that bad. My mom's words "what's your alternative?" would run through my mind each year. Pete commented that 40 made him feel "half dead". I had to remind him of his alternative. Hearing those words will definitely make you look at birthdays in a different light. Even though I am prepared for my life after death, I would rather not go just yet!!

People say you're only as old as you feel and I don't feel old. As a matter of fact, most of the time, I still feel like a school girl....so, I guess that's a good thing.

I took several pictures throughout the day yesterday. All my shooting, of course was in automatic mode, but I tried a new angle.

I was trying new things and found that just turning the camera a little gave this shot a neat look.

I love this picture below. It just makes me smile to see this big grin on Little Ann's face. She is 100% daddy's girl. He loves her so much and believe me, she knows it!! Silly pictures just make me happy.
Pete's sister lives in the big city and although Pete and I already had plans for a night out to celebrate, she called and wanted to celebrate this milestone with us. She called his mom and step dad, our nephew and she and her husband all met us at one of Pete's favorite restaurants. I wish Big Dan could've come, but right now baseball is his priority...(even over the girlfriend, I'm afraid), and he practices late every night. Anyway, this restaurant is the Atkins dieter's dream. They have a selection of every kind of cut of meat you can imagine and bring you unlimited amounts. It was delish and we all left stuffed.

Not to mention this humongous birthday cake we had (and the leftovers we brought home).

I know he had a wonderful birthday. He's all about some food and he's played with his new cell phone all night and all day!! haha.

7 comments:

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Happy birthday to your hubby. Looks like a yummy cake.

Allyson said...

A friend of mine is a sweet potato queen (if you don't know what this is, google it). Anyway, I asked if I could be one and this was her statement "you can be but anyone less than 40 is pure larva!". Can you believe that! I guess there are a few good things to look forward to!

Aubs said...

Looks like a fabulous day!! So glad you were all able to enjoy it together! And that cake looks fantastic!

April said...

What great pictures of the "Birthday Boy"! Sure looks like it was a fun celebration! Little Ann is a cutie, especially all hugged up with the #1 man in her life...her daddy! That cake definitely looks like my cup of tea!♥

Shannon said...

Those are great pictures!!

Carrie said...

What sweet pictures!! Looks like the "birthday boy" had a GREAT day!! As the rest of you...

And thanks for the little story about the "alternatives". Makes alot of sense!!

I have been having trouble accepting and upcoming milestone birthday and that makes me feel better!!

Carrie♥

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Man! Glad you all had a great day together. I'm in the same "time-frame" as you!!! But, haven't we been blessed! And I've learnt to be thankful for where I am, 'cause so many don't get that privelege... That cake looks awesome! I want a Dolly Varden for my 40th... Book your flight, Luvvy! It's going to be some shindig!!! ;)