Friday, February 20, 2009

I Just Can't Believe..

-that this week is already over and it went fast!

-that I haven't written a blog post since Monday....or read many, for that matter.

-that I only put my 2 cents worth in on a few comment sections instead of having my own vent session over "The Bachelor" episode this past week. Here's hoping Melissa is the last one standing (since he sent Jill home anyway).

-that my puppies are already 6 weeks old and counting, and would you believe I only have 2 left out of 10! God is good. Prayers answered there.

-that Big Dan has his very first Varsity Baseball game on Tuesday!! And this is the first sport I have been privileged to watch so far this year, (he didn't play football or basketball this year) so I must admit, I am PUMPED!! (But not ready to sit in the cold...thank goodness for my buddy heater!)

-that I have bombed my carb diet. What kind of diet is no carbs anyway? Who on this earth can survive without potatoes and chocolate milk? That doesn't even sound right. I'll have to figure out something else that'll enable me to include those 2. Weight Watchers maybe.

-that I got to spend some time with two wonderful college friends this week. And it was the bomb. I smiled so big and laughed the entire day. It's so funny remembering all our good times. Some blog friendly....some not so much. We had conversations that went something like this..."I hope my teenager doesn't do the things I did!" Sound familiar? Thought so.

This big hair photograph would be me and my 2 chickadees at my apartment exchanging gifts Christmas of 1989.

And this would be us...uh....20 years later.

We still got it!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I hear ya! This week has flown by so fast. Before we know it Christmas will be here again. I love the picture and the 20 year later photo too...Isnt it amazing how the times change.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that we're already nearing the end of February, and we, only yesterday, finally dismantled the Christmas tree!!! True story!;) I laughed and laughed about the no carb 'bombed' diet. I bombed a long time ago with that one - it's just not realistic in this world... The photos of you and your friends are unreal! How cool to get to hang with girlfriends from decades ago!!!;) Mine are down south in Victoria - I'd love a catch-up with them. It'd be a hoot. As would the 20year gap pics!!! Classic! Hope you're enjoying your weekend, and getting some sunny-ish weather...

Rae said...

We all had that big old hair at some point! My dad used to call my curly sides cocker spaniel ears. Such a nice dad, huh? The week has gone by quickly...fortunately. For me it was filled with lots of bickering between my children. Needless to say I'm praying for loads of patience!

Laurin Pearce said...

Haha, I loved this post. Okay I've got a diet tip. Some diet tips. The thing is that it doesn't really matter what you eat to stay skinny. I know that sounds crazy but it's true. The key is how much of it that you eat and how active you stay. Cut your daily portions little by little until you're only eating half of what you fuel your body with and spread it out through the day. I lost twenty pounds by simply eating five smaller meals a day and taking a 30 minute walk in the morning and an hour walk in the evening. It you want to get some tone add 60 crunches and 60 leg lifts over time. Finally when you start to see the results, don't stop what you're doing. You can increase the amount of food with the more exercises. Keeping active will make you want more fuel. Just remember that if you binge that means extra walking. Its the diet my physical therapist gave me when I was rehabbing my knee and had put on 25 pounds.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Love the pictures of you and your friends-you all look great!
I noticed you are a follower of my blog-I just wanted to stop by and say hello!

hsmomma said...

Isn't it funny how we all look so much better than we did 20 years ago?? I absolutely LOVE the 80s, but they weren't that aesthetically pleasing, were they?? :)

Unknown said...

Thats great that you have a friendship with them 20 years later. And I love that I have a best friend from college as well that I will have forever and will love to compare photos like this! She is going to be my MOH in my wedding. And I was in hers!!