Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An April Fool's Daybook

I am thinking.....that Prom is expensive, but I'm sad this is the last one.

AND I just have to say...I am also thinking that there are still lots of lurkey loo's out there that never comment, but the 10 of you that did definitely made me SMILE!! (and if you link in...you still CAN!!)

I am thankful.....that Big Dan's girlfriend and I have been spending more time together thanks to some away baseball games, a few road trips, and some good conversation. It has been nice being able to form a closer bond with her. She makes Big Dan happy and that makes me happy.

From the kitchen.....I am going to try a new recipe for a cake called "honey bun cake" given to me by a good friend recently. Doesn't that sound yummo?

I am wearing.....knit capri's, a tee shirt, and I am barefoot.

I am reading.....nothing, but I have been very convicted lately about reading too much internet and not enough of my bible. Anybody else have that problem? oh the shame....

I am hoping.....that I can scrapbook soon. I am feeling the urge BIG TIME, but it's one of those things where I get overwhelmed with guilt if I do it when I have other things lingering over my head. Believe me though. I've got the FEVER.

(haha...notice this is the same thing I was hoping the last time I did a daybook, but I STILL wanna scrapbook and STILL haven't had the time!)

I am creating.....ideas in my head about what to put in my 18 year old's Easter Basket that he doesn't already have or need!! (gasp!! yes, I still give him an Easter Basket...and he still believes in Santa too!) (April Fools!...well, the last part anyway.)

I am hearing.....the roar of our bedroom fan that is used for noise at night. I haven't managed to remove my body from my bedroom yet this morning...except to bathe. (but that's a good thing, right?) AND....the sound of the tractor outside. I think my husband is mowing for the first time this season. I love that sound because I love Spring and Summer.

Around the house.....I've got to do some deep cleaning...as in cabinets and corners! Having guests over this weekend.

One of my favorite things.....Sonic Cherry Limeades. I love finding a Sonic before a baseball game and sipping my limeade all during the game!

A few plans.....unfortunately a funeral that I was asked to sing at tomorrow, baseball (of course), feeding the kids a steak dinner here at the house before PROM on Friday night, Bible Study, an egg hunt, a birthday party, a Passion Play, Church, and last but not least, I am hosting a baby shower for our Pastor's wife here on Sunday. I'm sure you'll be hearing about that soon. He's due to arrive on the 10th!!

A picture thought for the day.....

I had a baseball shirt air brushed. You can guarantee I'm 100% Big Dan's BIGGEST FAN!

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!

5 comments:

April said...

What a great Daybook post! See? I always pop by for a visit!

I'm sure it is hard with this being your son's last prom (sniff, sniff). Please be sure to post some pictures! I'm glad to learn that you and his girlfriend are getting along better. Sounds like she might be sticking around for awhile!

Let us know how that cake turns out...it does sounds yummy!

Nicole said...

So good to hear from you, I've missed you too. Hope your son has fun at prom, sometimes I miss those day of dressing up and feeling pretty for a night. If was fun to read your Day Book post, if I lived closer I'd be knocking on your door for some yummy cake!

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing Scrapper Mom!! Once again, I can totaly relate with the majority of your comments.

Prom is SOOO expensive and we aren't even finished yet. "Miss Priss" still needs her hair done and nails.

And to think they are Seniors already....ugghhh...next comes college!! Weren't they just babies!?!?!

Make sure to share pics!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

Shannon said...

I was wondering if Big Dan still had his girlfriend. That is good that ya'll are "warming up" to each other. :) Can't wait to see pics of the prom and the baby shower!

Twice as Nice said...

I bought plenty of supplies to start scrap booking and have yet to fill a page, so don't feel bad. I just seem to have so many other things that take up my time. Someday....