Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Babysitting

I think I mentioned to you way back when school started that Big Dan was taking a Parenting class. All has gone well so far, but with the end drawing near, time for "the baby" has come. Yes, my friend. I had big plans for pictures from Easter for you...or maybe some deep thoughts, but nooooo. Haven't had time for that over the past 24 hours. I've been too busy babysitting.

My heart went out to him last night as he came in utterly exhausted. So, me, being the good mama, stayed up all night with the crying thing. I think I finally got to sleep around 5:30 this morning. The little squawl bag went to school with Big Dan today. I had to use the morning hours to get caught up on my sleep. Thankfully my babysitting services were not required again until lunch time since the rest of the afternoon and evening would be filled with baseball.

It's been quite comical around here tonight. I think I only saw the thing fly across the room once...(....not the baby, but he did throw a bottle or a diaper or something baby related). I've heard lots and lots of fussin' and not just from the little one. Maybe I won't have to worry about becoming grandma too soon after tonight! WHEW! (I don't EVEN wanna go there!).....yet anyway.

6 comments:

April said...

They do that kind of class at Brittany's school with the "baby" and all and I think it's a rude awakening for a lot of the kids AND their parents. The perfect birth control, wouldn't you say?

So, how are you feeling these days knowing that Big Dan is about to graduate? I'm thinking of you!

Shannon said...

I've been enjoying your updates on facebook. :) We never had to do this in high school. Maybe because it was a private school? I think it would have been funny for my brothers to do. :)

Carrie said...

Too funny, Scrapper Mom!! I am sitting here laughing outloud!! Flying bottles and diapers. I seriously think a class like this should be mandatory. Like April said, the perfect birth control!!

And I know how your are feeling about the whole graduation
thing. "Miss Priss" has prom this weekend and graduation is May 21st!! UGGGHHH!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

hsmomma said...

Too funny!

It hit me a couple of days ago that I could reasonably be a grandmother in 8 years or so. I am SOOOOOOO not ready for that! I hope my kids wait until they are close to 30--that way I have at least 13 more years!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea for teens to learn about parenting, and perhaps learn to see babies... children... as a gift. Using the 'babies' in Australia is not a common thing, but it should be. The other week, outside our medical centre as I walked towards it, there was this dear little girl sitting on the curb of the carpark, she couldn't have been more than 3. I could smell cigarette smoke and as I came around the side of the building I found the source of it... 'Mother', scruffy looking and foul-mouthed, talking to a guy covered in tattoos. The little girl tried about 5 times to say something to her mother, and each time she was shooshed, until finally she was told to "shut-up, you!" It broke my heart. I stood at the door of the Doctors and prayed for her. I wanted to go over to her, pick her up, clean her and her mother up and get them sorted, because they didn't 'look' sorted. I could only pray, though... I know what I'll be doing with my boys...

Anonymous said...

The verification word for my last comment was "crying"... no kidding...