Thursday, April 23, 2009

FYI

Just a little "For Your Information"...

First of all, you know I gotta brag just a little bit. We're still playing ball..although we are just before finishing up the season. Last night we took home the title of Conference and District Champs!! Yea Us!

Can you find Big Dan? This is not the greatest picture. I was dealing with lots of fidgety, ready to get this over with, teenage boys....the darkness....and a glaring field light. But at least I have the picture. We advance to Regionals this weekend.

*********************************************

And for the 2nd bit of information.

I've been getting several comments and emails regarding my mom's etsy shop and I just wanted to let you know what is going on with that. She had several items listed for about 6 months and she and I both felt really good about it. But would you believe she never got one single sale? I felt so bad for her. Anyway, when her listing times ran out, she didn't list anything else, and I took her link down.

Guys, I know you're just going on my word, but her stuff is good. Really good...and not just because I have a teensy weensy reason to be partial. It is. So, for those of you who have expressed interest, please feel free to email me again and I can send you pictures of her work. And if any of you who have blogger friends that get lots of hits who may be interested in doing some advertising or "talking her up"...well, that would be so appreciated too. I'd really like to see Etsy work for her.

If you are just tuning in to my blog, and don't know what I'm talking about...she sews, monograms and appliques. She makes classy children's outfits from birth - size 6 (or so). She incorporates monogram or applique designs and personalization into her outfits. She also does precious baby bags, burp pads, blankets and lots of other stuff.

Hey..we'll take any advice you have for getting the word out. My parent's are retired and mom is just trying to make a living doing what she loves.

2 comments:

April said...

Great news about Big Dan's team...good luck in Regionals!

Sorry about your mom's ETSY shop not taking off. I've seen some of the things she's made that you've shared on your blog and she really is very talented. Wish I had some good advice for how to get things up and running. I wish her well! Enjoy your weekend!

Carrie said...

I agree with April....that is awesome news about Big Dan's team!! Way to go boys!!

And I am also sorry about your Mom's Etsy site. I too remember seeing some of her things and they really are beautiful.

If I got the hits, I would definitely put something on my blog...but considering I think I have 5 readers TOTAL, I don't think I will be much luck!! LOL!!

Have a great weekend Scrapper Mom!! Talk to you soon!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥