Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Some Mid Week "Things"...

There's been lots going on in the house of Scrapper Mom recently. Lots of things requiring my computer scrap savvy brain...such as it is. Starting over the weekend, this is what I'm talking about:

- One book report over "The Long Winter". Ready for Little Ann to audition for her part in the Accelerated Reading pageant on the 30th. We're talking 3-4 minutes that had to be memorized. Not even notecards....and complete with costume. CHECK.

She did this on Monday and I must brag. She was the only one in the class that made a perfect score and was first pick for the pageant!!

- Next up for Little Ann was the power point she had to put together for yesterday's 4-H presentation. Community Service is a good thing. CHECK.

- I've been scrap happy for the past few days because Big Dan's last 5 spreads for his Senior Scrapbook are due tomorrow. This time he had to design a cover and back for the binder. The essay was on his best childhood memory which of course would be the 500 years he's played baseball. We..correction..I spent hours sorting through old baseball pics for the accompanying collage. CHECK.

- District Tournament started this past week. All pushed back a day because of rain. I drove 5 hours yesterday (round trip) for the game which we won. We play again tonight for the Championship. And I suppose I'll be driving to watch again.

- Pete's job did change a little. Not too detrimental at the moment. As a railroader, there is so much strange lingo that it took me years to learn to comprehend. All I can say right now is he got "bumped" off the "extra board" and is now working a "regular job" which gives him pretty standard off days instead of a few hours off between trips. There. Did you get all that? I said all that to say that he has been a little stir crazy with the warm weather and off days. So much that he and Little Ann began "PROJECT TREE HOUSE". I think it's supposed to resemble "American Girl..Kit's". The first day they worked on it brought a little tumble backwards into the mud in which he thought he broke his ankle. Now Little Ann is stressed that her clumsy daddy is going to really hurt himself during this endeavor and she wants him to stop. Aw...now that's sweet. How is it that some of us get so much clumsier with age? (Love ya honey).

- The Seniors have 10 more days of school. I have hung in there. No tears yet (well, recent ones), but I know they're a comin'!! As soon as this tournament is over we are going to have to squeeze graduation invitations in somewhere between Regional and State...and I'm trying to plan the "after party".

No doubt it's been and will be a wild ride around here for a little while. Say a little prayer for us....(and my dad who is having a skin cancer removed today and sent off for biopsy).

Happy Hump Day, my friends!

4 comments:

April said...

Big shout out of congratulations to Little Ann for her great accomplishment! How fantastic! See? A good lesson that hard work does pay off!

I wish Big Dan lots of luck with his baseball tourneys! Oh, you and I both know that the tears are gonna fall. Happens to me pretty frequently, anymore! I feel your pain!

I hope everything turns out fine with your dad and his skin cancer. Those things can be pretty scary. I still need to schedule an appointment with the dermatologist to have a full-body check...I just keep putting it off!

When is Big Dan's prom? I would love to see pictures!

Have an awesome Wednesday and rest of the week!

Shannon said...

Congrats to both of your kids for everything they are and have acommplished!

That tree house sounds so fun.

Has your son picked a college? Will he be staying close to home?

Sissy said...

You totally gave me an idea with this AR pageant thing. I am so going to steal it and use it next year. My principal is soooo going to love me and I am going to take all the credit. Yes, librarians lie all the time. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Happy HUMP Day!!!? Please explain!!!;)

Congrats for your little girl's big achievements! How wonderful!!!

Hope your Daddy's doing ok. Mine goes through this often... not nice... bless 'em!

I was so sorry to read about the pain you've been enduring. You are one tough cookie! That would be hard to take. Your photos don't give a thing away... I hope and pray that a miracle will come your way and there'll be no more pain. Bless your heart!