Friday, April 3, 2009

Mickey D's Has it Out for Me!

Once a month in every girl's life...nothing can satisfy like some chocolate, some sugar and lots of carbs. Which is exactly why in the midst of all my errand running yesterday for prom night tonight, I decided an oreo mcflurry would hit the spot.

Me: "Yes, I would like to order an oreo mcflurry."
Them: "That is $2 blah blah ...drive up..blah blah.."

Them: "We're sorry, we're out of oreos."
Me: (pondering the next best thing...) "Ok. then, I'll take a hot fudge sundae."
Them: heading off to kitchen...coming back...I"'m sorry. We're out of fudge."

WHAT??? Are they CRAZY? (they are messing with hormones, here!!) Needless to say. I just got my money back.

The reason this is so comical to me is just last month, Pete, Little Ann and I ordered hot fudge sundae's from a totally different McDonalds. After paying and having the ice cream in hand...I stood there patiently waiting on spoons. After they waited on a few more people, I finally spoke up..."hello...we need some spoons", I said. Would you believe that lady looked at me and said "oh, we're out of spoons". "Well, how do you expect me to eat my sundae?".. She had no reply. I got a refund that day too. (except for Little Ann who had already headed over to get a straw).

Wow. This is almost as bad as the day Big Dan and I stopped at Taco Bell on a day they were out of meat.....awesome.

7 comments:

Rae said...

You poor thing! No oreos or hot fudge!! How crazy! And no spoons? That's just terrible! Hope you were able to get your fix someplace else!

Deann said...

Oh, my! It sounds as if some other women made a run on that McDonald's before you got there!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness, Scrapper Mom, that is TOO FUNNY!! I was just laughing out loud...literally!! I swear this is my kind of luck. My husband and I always joke that if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have no luck at all!! LOL!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

BTW, I hope you get that chocolate "fix" soon!! :)

His Girl said...

our local mc d's has run out of fries, buns, happy meal toys, carbonation for sodas, fudge, ice cream, napkins, small cups.

no lie.

Sissy said...

Wow, I have never heard of anyone who had more back luck with fast food. Yikes. Taco bell with no meat. Ick.

Mel said...

Good grief...I thought things like that only happned over here in South Africa!!

Anonymous said...

Today was the day where I needed a hot fudge sundae... I did get a small fry. :)

I stash the extra spoons and straws in the glove box because it never fails, I pull away and then look in the bag only to find... a parfait without a spoon... or my daughter's bunless hamburger with a fork.