Monday, April 6, 2009

A Whole Lot of Stuff...Packed Into Three Days!

I've blogged quite a a bit this past week about feeling anxiety regarding the business (I guess you could say) of the week and especially the weekend. It was crazy and I felt like I met myself coming and going from about Thursday on, but here it is Monday again and I made it through.

I got a chance to take lots of photographs that I am excited about sharing today so bear with me.

Friday Night was Big Dan's Senior Prom. Pete and I invited the kids over to eat. Last year a group of them went to Chili's for dinner, but this year, I volunteered to pick up steaks from our local butcher shop for Pete to grill if they wanted to come here. I was hoping the words "eat free" would entice them, because I so wanted to be as much of a part of this special night as I could.

Here is Big Dan being his normal goofy self. They are eating in their street clothes because the girlfriend was just certain Big Dan would get dinner all over that white coat of his. Ahhh....not even a year since they started dating and she knows him so well.....lol.

We had a good meal and topped it off with some delicious cheesecake for dessert. Then they began getting ready. Little Ann was beside herself all night. She was just amazed by the glitter in the girlfriends hair, her beautiful dress, her sparkly shoes, and even Big Dan's white coat and bow tie.

I think she has been dreaming of her Prom Night every night since.

Unless I am bragging or posting pictures of him playing baseball, most of the time, when I am blogging about Big Dan, I am venting....lol. Mostly about some of his not so endearing teenager qualities, but one thing I can say about him is....he is funny. And that's probably the thing I love the most about him. He can make you smile. Check out this picture....

And now it's time for the finishing touches so we can get this photo session on the move!


And I took about a thousand pictures after they were dressed, but I won't bore you tee totally to death. Here are my favorites.



And so after they drove off in all their radiant glory, I went to hang out with my girls and we stuffed about a million eggs for Saturday's church/community wide egg hunt.

And here is my Little Ann finding those eggs.

Sunday afternoon, me and a friend of mine (is that the way you say that?? lol) hosted a baby shower here at my house for another dear friend of ours. She is actually our Pastor's wife as well. We'll be welcoming her sweet bundle of joy into the world on "Good Friday". How's that for a "Good Friday" celebration? She had a great shower...lots of fun, good fellowship, and I was tickled at the gifts she received.


See that cute little "Evan" bag right in the front? My mother made that. Don't you want one for your next shower? I can hook you up!

In looking at the calendar, it seems like this week will be a little on the crazy side as well. I'm starting today out with a little laundry, returning the tux, and heading out to a ballgame (that is supposed to be freezing), but I've got my attitude in check and a smile on my face!

Have a great week!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos... Big Dan and his GF look so fabulous!!!

Can you post or email your Moms ETSY shop link again? I seem to have lost it!!!

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing Scapper Mom!! I love the pics of Big Dan and his GF. The looked gorgeous!! "Miss Priss" is going to her Prom on the 18th.

Granted, this is her thrid Prom so we have this whole thing down to a science I think, LOL!! But will it being her Senior Prom it's a little more emtional on my part!! LOL!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

Ruby Red Slippers said...

What a busy weekend!Loved all the photos!

Aubs said...

What a fun weekend!! Love the prom pics...those were the days!! Hope you aren't too cold at the ball game!

His Girl said...

how great that you got to be a part of the festivities!!!

hsmomma said...

So, did you freeze your buns off at the game???

(Oh, and thanks, now I am craving a big, juicy steak!) :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..proms to baby showers....What fun pictures!
sandy toe

Shannon said...

Loved all the pics! They make a cute couple!

Quoizel said...

Ah prom, Those where the days

Anonymous said...

Have missed you! Your boy looked very handsome.

Nicole said...

I love the pictures. Makes me miss those days of dressing up and feeling pretty for a night. Your pastors wife is darling!