Monday, June 8, 2009

Stopping in to say Hello

I am so tired at this moment, I wouldn't dare be able to think of eloquent posts that include lots of pictures like this blogger/real life friend of mine. We both happen to be traveling the same route this week, but she has taken far more pictures than me, and spent way more time blogging. Would it be so bad if I just linked to her all week?

Actually, Sunday after morning services, 3 families from our church hit the road for what is my 2nd mission trip ever. Well, actually, Chickadee and her family left a day earlier than us for baby reasons. We arrived at our destination, which is New Jersey tonight, traveling through states I have never been through before (excluding Tennessee...I have actually been there). We stayed the night in Knoxville last night which was about half way and we covered the rest of our ground today which included the entire state of Virginia, on into Maryland, DC, Delaware and finally New Jersey. I have enjoyed every minute of the scenery and sights, wishing I could journey off our interstate route to catch a better glimpse. Hopefully there will be plenty of time for tourist attractions on the way home and after we take care of our business at hand.

I had a little catastrophe today which resulted in having to locate a camera repair shop during our lunch stop. Note to self and to anyone else that might have a brain of my caliber...NEVER try to clean your camera's inside parts. The pieces literally fell out of the camera and into my hand. Luckily, I found an extremely talented camera repair man that fixed my problem quickly and for only $40. Whew. That was a close one.

At least now, I will be able to blog and actually share pictures with you. Not sure when, but I will.

1 comment:

April said...

Have lots of fun on your trip...can't wait to hear all about it!