Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Is it Really June Already?

I am thinking.....that I'm ready to see my Little Ann who's been at the grandparents for a few days. I miss her.

I am thankful.....that Pete and I continue to be faithful in our commitment we made to get healthy. Some days are a challenge with so many ballgames and reasons to "eat out", but both of us are trying to make good food choices and are still walking 4 miles a day. Hoping it pays off!

From the kitchen.....haha...in lieu of that last comment, there isn't anything going on in that kitchen right now, but I think I am going to cook up some Taco Soup for dinner before church. For my fellow weight watchers..you can have 1 cup for 3 points according to my recipe.

I am wearing.....my walking clothes. a tank and shorts.

I am reading.....nothing you could say would convince me to read my summer away.

I am hoping.....that I can scrapbook soon. I am feeling the urge BIG TIME, but it's one of those things where I get overwhelmed with guilt if I do it when I have other things lingering over my head. Believe me though. I've got the FEVER.

(haha...notice this is the same thing I was hoping the last time I did a daybook, (and the time before...and the time before)...but I STILL wanna scrapbook and STILL haven't had the time!)

I am creating.....I really got nothing here. Sorry folks. I have just never been accused of being too creative.

I am hearing.....mumbling and grunts as I watch Pete put together a baseball gizmo that Big Dan purchased with some of his graduation money. (don't you just love men and their directions!) It is called a "Quick Swing" and enables Big Dan to get in some batting practice without the assistance of me!! Very neat concept.

Around the house.....messes everywhere I look. I have got to get ready and start preparing for our Mission Outreach trip we are taking next week. We are heading out to New Jersey on Sunday afternoon.

One of my favorite things.....right now I am in total love with McDonalds Ice Cream Cones. Since being on this diet (aka health kick)..I have been lucky to find that McDonalds uses reduced fat ice cream on their cones. I can guiltlessly enjoy a nice, yummy, summer treat for only 3 points! Aren't you excited?

A few plans.....wow...where do I begin here? It's clean, clean. Wash, wash, pack, pack, buy some snacks and drinks for our trip, and Sunday we are off! I am so anxious to blog and post lots of pictures of our outreach AND the fun stuff. I never thought I would ever get to go to New York or Washington DC in my lifetime. I am pumped about being used by God AND getting up close and personal with Lady Liberty!!

A a couple of picture thoughts for the day.....

The gardenia's around my porch are just blooming away. I love them. They smell wonderful.

Hoping everyone has a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Yum. I think I'm now in the mood for taco soup!