Monday, June 23, 2008

All about me

Little Ann just finished the 4th grade and one of her favorite things they did (besides read), was her end of the year project "all about me". She had to write an essay about her family, hobbies, and favorite things. Then, post pictures, magazine clippings, etc. on poster board to be hung in the Elementary hallway. We had so much fun doing this together.

Today has been such a good day especially for a Monday. Mellow, I must say or rather peaceful. My husband is at work, Big Dan has been at work all day, rushed in and flew right back out to play baseball, and Little Ann is tucked away up in her room with 2 sweet friends, playing Barbies or Dress up, I'm assuming. So, where does that leave me? No drama for sure. In fact, I've pretty much been doing my own thing, reading blogs, of course, and with each load of laundry I fold, I am contemplating my own next post. Thinking about what kinds of things I want to talk about and of course which pictures I want to include.

Although, I still haven't taken the time to give you my entire life story, nor would you want to read that in one sitting, I wanted to share my own fairly condensed version of "all about me".

I love my community which pretty much includes our school, 2 stores, several churches and lots of chicken houses. I have always lived a pretty sheltered life and although we usually try to take summer vacations each year to expand our horizons, I always enjoy coming "home". Our house is in the country, positioned perfectly between our church and school, yet conveniently 10 minutes away from Walmart. I've lived here all 37 (almost 38) years of my life except the 2 years I did the college thing.

I love my family.
This is a recent picture of us at Christmas. I am the one in the black and white sitting in my hubby's lap. Big Dan is in the middle. He is the oldest grandchild and is sporting a fresh mohawk for the holidays. Little Ann is in the blue. She is the only female grandchild. The others are my dad and mom, brother, his wife and my nephews.


I love chocolate milk. I have tried repeatedly to shake this addiction, but it just won't go away. Ever so often, I will join Weight Watchers and rid my body from all the Nestle Quick toxins, but then I go right back. I can't help it. It calls to me in my sleep. Less Sugar, that should count for something.


I love my bed.
I think I inherited the "need much sleep" from my dad. He's usually asleep when his chickens roost at dusk, and can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. So...it's a gene thing right? Really it's not my fault, huh?


I love my scrapbook stash.
The newest item I have added to the stash is my die cutter. It is awesome!! After much consideration and forum discussions, I settled on the Klik n Kut Element. It cuts any true type font on your computer and you don't have to continually purchase cartridges. It was a Christmas present from my husband, and I have loved it. What I would give for my own room where I could spread out and be oh so neatly organized, but for now this will have to do. I have my rolly thingy that has all my stamp sets, foam stamps, ink pads, stickles, paints, punches, and pretty much the tools of the trade. Right now, I have separate rubber totes for chipboard, one for patterned paper, and another for ribbon. The carry on was a gift from my husband last Christmas and it pretty much has everything inside it. I load it down when I go croppin'!


I love mashed potatoes and gravy...and Diet Mt. Dew!

Ok, so by now, you can tell I am a little weird. I have always been a very picky eater and my mother didn't help that any. She catered to my pickiness by always creating an alternative such as "cookie pudding" instead of banana pudding since I didn't like bananas. (Which more or less is the same less the bananas) My hamburger is still plain with cheese even since the days of "Burger Chef" a million years ago. When I was a kid, I learned to love mashed potatoes and gravy. Instant was just fine. When I moved to my college town I lived off of the Colonel's potatoes and gravy. That was ok, because I never had enough money to include the chicken in the meal. Now, instead of the brown gravy mix, I have upgraded to Campbells beefy mushroom. I guess because now I have developed a liking for mushrooms that I have never had in the past and it's one less step. Just heat. No more add water and heat. Little Ann has fallen right into my quirky footsteps. This is by far her favorite meal as well. I have never been a fan of diet drinks, as a matter of fact...they are all pretty much nasty..that is except Diet Mt. Dew. That is my drink of choice...aside from the fact it has mucho caffeineo and I need all the energy I can get these days.

I sure love these little dudes!
I do love to talk on the phone. Not near as much as when I was younger, I admit, but I still do. When we built our house, I even had the electricians put a phone jack next to the tub. I can't figure out what it is about my cell phone that wants to attach itself to my ear the moment I get in the vehicle. I honestly don't know if I can drive and not talk. They go hand in hand.


And this is where I love to go to talk.
I often wonder why nobody ever wants to hold a conversation with me at home until I get on the phone. It's kind of like when I get in the tub to soak (another favorite of mine). It's like the world comes to an end when mom locks herself away. I have come to love swinging in my porch swing when I am trying to hold a friendly conversation. I have trouble focusing on the person on the other end when there is too much going on around me. Nobody bothers me there (mainly because they don't know I sneak out here). My grandfather made this for me before he passed away so it holds a special place in my heart. I can enjoy the hummingbirds flying around me, smell the gardenia growing right around the corner and have privacy all at the same time. It's lovely.

I know it's corny, but I loooooooove the Bachelorette. So sue me. I'm a sucker for these reality romance shows. I think I have watched every single season of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I think Deanna is doing an excellent job narrowing down the search. These guys are exactly who I would pick!! ooo la la.

I love the 80's. Who doesn't? The music was awesome and the clothes were rad. Oh, and who can forget that hair! GEEZ! Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to share my big hair days with you..or NOT! My friends know I am an 80's child. I force them to play my 80's version of Trivial Pursuit when we get together. My husband and I sometimes play "name that tune" with midi files from the 80's. I guess I'll always be an 80's child at heart!

Do any of these things sound familiar to you?

3 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

hilarious! i certainly don't love the eighties. i love my nestle quik too though!

cmbbyrd said...

I have to admit I love this season of the Bachelorette too - although I hated to see Graham go last night! He was so cute! I love reading your blog.

hsmomma said...

I am a die hard 80s fan. My children roll their eyes at this of course. My DH can't sleep without his nightly dose of chocolate milk. And I have one of those rolly thingys exactly like that for my scrapbook stuff!