Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sometimes things don't go as planned..

even though you want them to. I am referring to the beginning of yesterday's post where I had my day all planned out. Yes, I managed to do a couple of loads of laundry and then I cleaned the kitchen. After starting the dishwasher, I went outside ready to tackle the next task at hand which was trimming my shrubs. May I add it takes alot to get me motivated enough to tackle this chore in the first place, but I was kind of excited about trying out this little tool my husband had gotten me for my birthday last year anyway.


Electric hedge trimmers. A wonderful invention. My advice to you people...(unless you are smarter than me), please read all warning labels!!

because if you don't, you may very well find your finger looking much like this... Youch! That smarts!

I know I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar sometimes. All I can say is I did it. I ignored the danger label and stuck my finger right where I wasn't supposed to. Luckily I had gloves on which I am pretty sure enabled me to keep the tip of my left index finger. It really didn't hurt much. As a matter of fact, I didn't really even feel much at all, BUT I panicked because I totally thought the tip was gone. The lack of feeling, and all the blood is what made me think it must be bad. Dear hubby was actually home and had just gotten off the mower so I ran to him holding my glove tightly and said, "we've got to go to the er now. I think my finger is gone." The more time passed, the more sheepish I got. I just couldn't look and they had to pry my hand from the glove. Luckily my finger was still there, but it was a pretty deep, nasty, cut. Thank goodness for gloves.

I would've posted pictures without the bandage, but I know chickadee reads and given her current state, I decided to spare the gore.

Now, it is beginning to hurt. So I will make hydrocodone my friend for a couple of days and try to recover from the tetanus shot (which in my opinion is almost just as bad). Forgive me if I am lacking in my typing skills for the next week or so of posts. Ever tried typing with a fat whatever thingy on your finger?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've come over to visit you via Chickadee's blog. I've enjoyed reading your previous posts tonight - you started blogging around the time I did. I love to 'scrap' too. You look like you have a great collection of things to enhance your pages - lucky you! And lucky you to have Chickadee as a real-life friend... she's like a good-cuppa-at-the-kitchen-table-kind of friend to me when I read her blog at the end of most days. And it was so lovely reading yours. Isn't modern technology amazing?!!!

The Uppermans said...

Hello...is this the same finger that got cut in the hand blender? That looks painful. Maybe you should leave hand tools that are sharp to someone else...

His Girl said...

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

praying for swift healing!

Tonda said...

UGH!!!! Exactly why I never do yardwork. Thank goodness I have a husband who is OK w/me letting him do it all!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me! Yes, I meant to say I hope you're finger heals well - poor you! My husband did the same thing the other day with secatares, blood every where... ick! Please don't worry about your typos. I just love that you stopped by and commented; and never mind the length of the comment... I think I'm becoming infamous for my long comments...

Anonymous said...

WOW! If hadn't known u 4 so long i'd swear u were a blond. And man would I like to shake your husbands hand. Elec trimmers 4 your b-day? If I had done that I wouldn't have got to sleep inside that night not to mention u doing the mowing too. Must b nice to have a wife like that.