Thursday, July 3, 2008

We interrupt this blog for.....

SOME CROPPIN'.

Well, actually, I didn't do these pages today, or even yesterday, but they are my most recent ones. I think I did them during a few spare hours back around the first of June. (and that's the last time I've done any scrapbooking. wah). You know, I guess I will blame it on the blog. That's what happens when you have a one track mind. I'm going to do better though. I want to share my pages with you, but their kinda hard to share when you haven't done them! Right?

This one first....and these aren't even my kids, but I love them just like they are. These are my two youngest nephews playing trains at my house. I introduced them to you here, and under the circumstances, I really wanted to do a page on them. Warning: I never claimed to be the best scrapper out there...It's just what I love to do (and that's what counts, right?)


The title is chipboard, the "Aunt Terri's" I cut on my die cutter, and Naomi - you will have to look real hard in this picture, but can you see the sewing around the edging of the patterned paper? The journaling reads:

"Aunt Terri, where are the trains?" is the first question W, M, and now L have always asked me every time they come to my house. Thomas the Tank Engine and all his friends were Big Dan's most prized possessions when he was smaller. In fact, I often used "getting a new choo choo" as a reward for good behavior at the Dentist and other places. When we moved to the next phase of life and got rid of the "toys", these were some of the things I just could not part with and now I am so glad I have them. Thomas and his friends have brought lots of joy to my household.

Page 2: This is Little Ann and my oldest nephew out bird hunting one day. She's one year older than him. I titled it "GROW" and the journaling explains why.

Here I mostly used different patterned papers, some buttons, chipboard title and stickles over stamps. The journaling reads:

On this sunny, but cool day in January, you and W got the idea to go bird hunting. As I looked out the back door to watch the intensity of the moment, it hit me how much you have both grown...in age and in friendship. You have always acted more like brother and sister...you fight like crazy, but yet you were so eager to protect him on the playground as he started school. As cousins so close in age, I hope you will continue to grow closer to one another as the years pass.

Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

hsmomma said...

Those are gorgeous!

I find it hard to find time to scrapbook too. I want to try sewing on my pages but just haven't done it yet. Hopefully when I get everything set up in my new "library" I can get more done. Yeah, right--who am I kidding???

tondays said...

HEY! Glad you found my blog, I was going to let you know this week I had started one, I just wanted to take a few days to make sure I was going to keep it up and I think I will - I enjoy it. I thought I would give it a shot after reading yours & our reunion blog, I guess you could say I was inspired!

I did love your post on our 20 years, you really haven't changed either - I still see the same you in your pics. I can't wait to see everyone!!!

BTW- the pic of me & hubby on my blog - my work has award parities and the like several times a year ant the one in Jan. was black tie. It was like going to prom again (but better, and no worries of teenage issues!)

Nicole said...

I love those pages, they look wonderful. I seriously don't remember that last time I got a page done. I've done losts of little scrap projects like cards and gifts for my mom but that's about it. Thanks for stoppin by.

Heidi Zawisza said...

I wish I didn't have ADD so bad.....every time I tried to do this, I would get one page done, and then give up! ha!ha! Eventually submitting to the fact that I am not a scrapbooker......but I LOVE to look at them, and yours are AWESOME!!